one sub with 5kw, or two with 2.5kw a piece?

Ok, so Im SURE this has been asked before, but I guess I worded the search wrong. Hmmmmm, pros and cons, I guess.

One sub with 5kw:

Pros:

Cheaper

Space saver

Cons:

More strain on woofer due to higher wattage (probably wouldn't last as long)

Not as loud?

Two subs with 2.5kw a piece:

Pros:

Louder?

Last longer due to lower wattage per sub being used.

Cons:

Requires more space to install

Would be more expensive, cause buying a second woofer, and more wood for box.

What are some opinions about this? I want to be able to ripple the windshield a little. But if I go with a two woofer setup, I will have to remove my rear seats, and lose any "stealth" to the install. I will do this if deemed worth it, or necessary. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Pros. Less space and a beefier sub on one sub. 2 subs. Louder more cone area but that's. Pretty much it but the right single sub. Can be just as loud con. More room needed cost. Can be more for the pair

I ran a 10k amp daily to a fi team 18" 8k clamped no issues other then tinsels burning typical fi problems. I say a single subs setup with high power its more fun that way

Ive ran a single DD 9912z on 7k daily...it had some nice clean low and loud bass...I was doing 150s in the trunk...There a youtube video of my car when I ran a smaller amp and it did a 151.9 at a show...It was much louder with the 7k amp...i just never brought it to a show again...

Ive ran a single DD 9912z on 7k daily...it had some nice clean low and loud bass...I was doing 150s in the trunk...There a youtube video of my car when I ran a smaller amp and it did a 151.9 at a show...It was much louder with the 7k amp...i just never brought it to a show again...
What's the name of the video?

For a single sub setup, someone from a different thread had recomended a DC level 6 for a SPL sub. Or a SSA Evil / Tantric SHD for a SQL sub. The thing is that I've never heard a SPL setup before. I mean, SPL subs don't just sound like farts right? They must sound a little better than that I would think. I do know that I enjoy SQ, but having never heard a SPL setup, it's hard to compare. Something tells me I'd probably wanna go SQL though. I do think I'll go with the single sub for now, since it will still get pretty loud. Thanks for all the input.

The only real way to handle this is to get a tape measurement and see how much room you have to work with in your vehicle. Get H X W X D for rear seats folded and one with rear seats not folded and we'll tell you your options. Space makes bass, you plan your system around your space. You DO NOT shove two subs in a tiny box with 5000 watts and call it a day.

Keep in mind guys, this is an acura integra unless he gives up his rear seats, he's not gonna fit anything more then a single 12 in a proper box or a 15 in a small box.

If you do fold your seats down, you can do a nasty 18" woofer. that will definitely give you inches of windshield flex.

It measures 29" x 32" x 15". This would be external measurement of box for box to fit, although I could get more space if box was made to fit around strut towers. If I have to lose the seats, I will. Don't want this half way. Want all the way, done right. Just would have been nice to keep it concealed.

what configuration are you wanting to do?

2 12s vs 1 15?

that's alot of space you have there.

I have 16 x 36 x 28 and I can fit 4 cubes slot and 4.5 - 5 cubes aero'd in my Focus

I'd do the two 12s on 2.5k ea imo

It measures 29" x 32" x 15". This would be external measurement of box for box to fit, although I could get more space if box was made to fit around strut towers. If I have to lose the seats, I will. Don't want this half way. Want all the way, done right. Just would have been nice to keep it concealed.
thats actually enough for 2 12 on 5k. If you want to sacrifice your seats, you can probably do 2 15s walled.

Ok, I did forget to leave room for the sub to move, with that measurement of 29", cause I don't want a top fire. I would preffer the 2 12s over the one beefier 12, cause it would be louder, and possibly better SQ. I'll just have to do lots of research on the space requirments of the subs, and measure A LOT. That would be wet ******* if I could get them both back there with the seats up. Appreciate all the responses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.