Christmas present help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
400-500 and if I could get something cheaper I wouldn't complain
well you can certainly get her something decent for that price especially with black friday comming up, but i'm not sure if they will ship in time for chrismas though.

whats your goals here? sound quality or something that gets loud?

well you can certainly get her something decent for that price especially with black friday comming up, but i'm not sure if they will ship in time for chrismas though.
whats your goals here? sound quality or something that gets loud?
I personally would go for sq but for her I think a good mix of sq/spl would be good. I'm just not up to date on brands that are good. To me JL is good. After reading a little bit on this forum tho everyone says it's overpriced and not that great lol

Find a used sundown sa-15 ($200) give or take and grab up one of them Mtx 7801 (200). Watch for black Friday sales also.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Or go new with his option.

I personally would go for sq but for her I think a good mix of sq/spl would be good. I'm just not up to date on brands that are good. To me JL is good. After reading a little bit on this forum tho everyone says it's overpriced and not that great lol
its good gear, just overpriced at retail. The sub i mentioned is as good as a W6 but gets louder. There's a 15 inch version if you want it to be a lot louder, box will determine the overall sound quality. Subwoofer size will only determine loudness and enclosure requirements.

Another vote for the Dayton HO! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif I would go for the DVC version though if you're just planning to get one

its good gear, just overpriced at retail. The sub i mentioned is as good as a W6 but gets louder. There's a 15 inch version if you want it to be a lot louder, box will determine the overall sound quality. Subwoofer size will only determine loudness and enclosure requirements.
Thanks for the input on some things to look out for jeff. All this stuff is new to me. Gonna be ordering some Phd fb 6.1 pros for my wrx on Friday when I get paid. never done door speakers before, that's gonna be a new experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.