IDMAX 12" v3 vrs v4

jeepguylv

CarAudio.com Elite
ok so I am having a tough time figuring out the difference, some things I read and hear is that the motor is different, some say the cone is different, but when I called the manufacture and talk to one of the engineers(which was a pleasure by the way, totally nice, offered all the info, and even said to call anytime I had questions) he told me that they are identical except for the instruments and equipment they used to measure all the parameters, I tend to want to side with the manufacture but I would like to hear what you may know on the subject, maybe someone who reads this has owned both and has some input on sound differences or power handling differences ect.

I am only asking due to a box being built off the v4 parameters and using a v3 in that same box.

I can't see them being that different.

thanks

I have to edit, the manufacture said all changes were cosmetic like the rubber around the magnet, different style cone, basket color, he also said the recone kit is the same for both.

I have to say it was refreshing to talk with ID, they treated me like a human being, not like all the others who think they are too cool for school and treat you like your a pimple on their *** that they just can't pop.

Cones are different. All moving parts are supposed to be stronger. I reconed a v3 10 with v4 recone kit last week. All seems to be good. I also have a v3 12 that has been seveal different enclosures. It is pretty forgiving as far as volume and tuning. I don't know if this helps. Just my experience.

Cones are different. All moving parts are supposed to be stronger. I reconed a v3 10 with v4 recone kit last week. All seems to be good. I also have a v3 12 that has been seveal different enclosures. It is pretty forgiving as far as volume and tuning. I don't know if this helps. Just my experience.
when you reconed did you look at them side by side and notice any difference, and how was the sound, did it go into the same box ?

just get an average of the box recommendations between the two and go with that.
when I called the guy said if I had a v3 then build the box off of the v4 parameters because they were more accurate measurements, he gave me the box size and port volume for tuning freq. he recommended.

Physically the recone looked the same. It was not the same color though. It's black. I have not done any real critical listening. Only has about an hour of play time.

Hi! Who did you talk to? Dave I pressume? I am the only builder at Image (for only 1 more week and that is a story for another time) and the Cone is different. Much stronger on the v4. Also mostly cosmetic changes. The recone kit is simple. 16 screws 4 shims and about 5 minutes of your time

do not remember his name but from the get go you can tell he was totally up for answering any of my questions, not sure if he was a builder or engineer or just a tech guy, I wish I was treated this way when I call tech support for the industry im in that's for sure.

Where can you find a recone for a idmax 10D4 V4 I scored one from the local pawn shop and looked good until they tested it and I heard noises coming from it I got it for $20 haha suckers so now I am in need for a recone and I cann find a v4 recone kit someone pls help me out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.