Budget 10" under $80?

JohnKimble

I'm pretty new to aftermarket car stereos, and am looking to add a sub to my existing setup.

So far I have Polk DB6501's up front and Alpine sps-610c's in the rear powered by an MB Quart DSC480.

I'd like to add a single woofer, be it either a 10" or 12" depending on what's out there.

Music preference is all over the map, from country, rock, metal, to some rap and dubstep. For these reasons I've come to the conclusion that a single 10" in a sealed box would fit my needs. Is it at all possible to find a 10" woofer that isn't complete garbage around $60-$80, or is that just asking for trouble spending that little on a sub?

The mono amp has yet to be determined, pending my decision on a woofer so I can make the purchase at once.

Thanks for any input.

Check out the boston acoustic G1's. Low power, low price, great reviews. Only drawback IMO is the looks.

Typo on the link, they are 200W RMS

Link:http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20340_Boston_Acoustics_G112-44.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison&gclid=CJjI0dmw0boCFe1aMgody2kA9Q

the hds is not a well engineered driver, it is a run of the mill generic like most others in its class. Its a better deal than the similar drivers from rival companies, but seeing it can be offered that low, should little more than point out how high mark-up is on the other brands related driver.

Heres the hds listed tsp's

f(s) 39.03 Hz

R(e) 7.43 Ohms

Z(max) 75.33 Ohms

Q(ms) 5.367

Q(es) 0.587

Q(ts) 0.529

V(as) 29.700 liters

(1.409 cubic feet)

L(e) 7.74 mH

n(0) 0.29 %

SPL 86.68 1W/1m

M(ms) 201.90 grams

C(ms) 0.08 mm/N

BL 25.03

are you saying that we should not try these out? it looks similar to the new dd entry level subs. i pretty much agree with what you said, and the first time i saw the ad, i was like really? i must say that i am contemplating a set of the hds310's for my next set-up.

Heres the hds listed tsp's
f(s) 39.03 Hz

R(e) 7.43 Ohms

Z(max) 75.33 Ohms

Q(ms) 5.367

Q(es) 0.587

Q(ts) 0.529

V(as) 29.700 liters

(1.409 cubic feet)

L(e) 7.74 mH

n(0) 0.29 %

SPL 86.68 1W/1m

M(ms) 201.90 grams

C(ms) 0.08 mm/N

BL 25.03

thanx for that, way above my paygrade...lol. so what you are saying is...if it is to good to be true.....

the hds is not a well engineered driver, it is a run of the mill generic like most others in its class. Its a better deal than the similar drivers from rival companies, but seeing it can be offered that low, should little more than point out how high mark-up is on the other brands related driver.
Proof of said statment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.