Which 4" x 6" should I get?

Participant count
  • Participant list

hutt132
10+ year member

US
I want to place them in the front of my 2000 S10 truck and power them with my JVC KD-R530 HU. I filter all the low freq to my subwoofer.

I'm looking at the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462 and the Pioneer TS-A4674R and I'm not sure which ones are best. I'm also open to other suggestions that are not too pricey (around $50).

at that price it's whatever you find. i've used the Pioneer in an install before and they were fine once i sealed everything up.

stock

caddydash021.jpg

i stuffed polyfill all around the speaker and in the cavity, as much as possible.

caddydash033.jpg

you can see the use of weatherstripping foam along the top to seal against the dash grill

caddydash043.jpg

Thanks for the info man. I could go up to $80 if there's anything better you would recommend.

For the polyfill, do I pack that all around the speakers as much as possible, including all underneath them?

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I just ordered the Pioneer speakers.

Should I also put polyfill in my sealed sub box? If so, should I just line the insides with it or pack the inside completely with it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.