Give me a yes or no, maybe why...

tanpatnode
10+ year member

Alright so I have a buddy who just started to upgrade his already substantial subwoofer to an RE XXX 15" its the 05 one, he paid about $200 for it with an enormous ported box. Good deal? What would you give tips to him saying?

So for the yes and no, he's taking out his Rockford Fosgate 15" T0 2 ohm and might sell it to me. I have heard it and I like it a lot. Rattles the spolier off his Subaru Legacys trunk but i have heard people talk a lot about the T0 ans all of RF being over hyped. I am putting in a 01 Grand Caravan so space is no issue and the amp is a Hifonics Brutus 1200. Would you do it? I am thinking $300 or so for it with amp. Give me some advice I can't decide yet. Thanks guys!

Alright so I have a buddy who just started to upgrade his already substantial subwoofer to an RE XXX 15" its the 05 one, he paid about $200 for it with an enormous ported box. Good deal? What would you give tips to him saying?
So for the yes and no, he's taking out his Rockford Fosgate 15" T0 2 ohm and might sell it to me. I have heard it and I like it a lot. Rattles the spolier off his Subaru Legacys trunk but i have heard people talk a lot about the T0 ans all of RF being over hyped. I am putting in a 01 Grand Caravan so space is no issue and the amp is a Hifonics Brutus 1200. Would you do it? I am thinking $300 or so for it with amp. Give me some advice I can't decide yet. Thanks guys!
i myself think that Rockford equipment is over hyped in general....

just my .02

rockford makes awesome amps, subs are meh. buddy has a 15" p3 and although it wasnt bad, it wasnt impressive. my experience with the amps is they do good. especially the older ones. the power elite series, and the older all silver ones. the newer t2500s look great. but a flaw with the older power elites is the ground circuit can go out (at least in the 2 channels) all in all, buy the XXX of him. youll love it. i kick myself to this day for selling my pair of them

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the advice! Even for $300 it isn't worth it? I really have no idea I mean they definitely have a decent sized price tag. I really want a decent sub one that is in the middle for quality and loudness. I bought a alpine type R off craigslist the other day for $110 with a Rockford Prime 500.1 amp and a four gauge wiring kit. I loved it shook the crap out of the van and definitely sounded ideal.

What do you all think about the type R 15's? I see a lot of people praise them but then others are like eh no thanks. What do you all think?

I found the older Type R's very average, but Alpine claims to be using a fairly advanced motor in them these days. Spec-wise at least the newer ones are pretty good. Haven't installed any of them myself though. I also agree that Rockford Amps are very good and their subs I don't like. They are more SPL than SQ. I prefer more SQ-oriented myself. They are not at the top of the SPL charts or anything, either.

Hmmm alright. If I did get a new amp would I just leave the gain at 50% for say a 2Kw? The T0's are rated at 800RMS. What is safe amount to give to it? I loved that type R but I have no idea what year it is or anything like that. I am also trying to not upgrade battery and alternator but I think I'll end up doing the big three because it's relatively inexpensive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.