Better budget buy than ppi sedona amps?

04silverz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Antonio
As title states, looking for some budget amps. Need 1000 at 1 and minimum 150x4 at 2 ohm

Been looking at the sedona line, lanzar opti and a used us amps. Ppi and lanzar new are 200 for about 1200 watts.

Same lines for 4 channel or a used jbl 1004. Seems like the used gear for both is a step up but is it worth it for used over new?

Setup is a single idmax 12, id cx62 mids and cdt es02 mids with prs80

I know these are lower end of the spectrum but as i get older and dump more and more money into the game, i just am getting tired of it.

Also lookig at SS tarantula lines...

[quote name='04silverz']As title states, looking for some budget amps. Need 1000 at 1 and minimum 150x4 at 2 ohm

Been looking at the sedona line, lanzar opti and a used us amps. Ppi and lanzar new are 200 for about 1200 watts.
Same lines for 4 channel or a used jbl 1004. Seems like the used gear for both is a step up but is it worth it for used over new?

Setup is a single idmax 12, id cx62 mids and cdt es02 mids with prs80

I know these are lower end of the spectrum but as i get older and dump more and more money into the game, i just am getting tired of it.

Also lookig at SS tarantula lines...[/QUOTE]

why dont you get a Audiopipe apsm-1500, 1500rms @ 1 ohm and set it to put out 1000rms with dmm. they can be had for about $121 shipped from vminnovations. @LuckyatVMI;

My friend has the APSM1500 and he's been satisfied with it. The only complaint he says he has is the fan being really loud.

You could also look at a Hifonics BRZ1200. You can get one for about $150.

If you want to up your budget a little, you can get an Audioque 1200D amp for $270 with free shipping on their site until the end of the year.

Second on the PPI phantom amps. They definitely made a winning group with this line. Rock solid power that keeps cool in a tight package for under 200 bucks...

hmmm....kicker sx1250 in classifieds. maybe i should go that route
I like the Kicker amps. Lanzar is junk except for OPTI line. Dunno about PPI these days. Soundstream should be avoided at all costs. I'd run Audiopipe before anything they make.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.