Amp installation kit from Best Buy?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sovelin
10+ year member

I recently purchased a monoblock amplifier (Precision 1000.1), subwoofer (ID 10" D2V3), and a sub box from Double 07. I went to Best Buy today to pay for the Geek Squad install services. I was told that I need an amp install kit ($110 from Best Buy). Do I need to purchase this from them, or is there a cheaper option online (or is it even needed)?

Email him directly for best service and to make sure you're getting what you need
I sent him an e-mail. Thanks again for all the help! I should have everything set up soon enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thought about it, but I'm more of a computer person. I know my way around well enough that I'm not afraid I'll permanently fry something. Not the same situation with a car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It's also a time constraint issue. I'm a 4th year med student studying for boards. I don't get enough free time for DIY projects sadly.

Fair enough. Just try to avoid best buy unless you have a friend who works there. They may up charge you or, worst case, can't warranty your stuff if it breaks during install. I'd find a local shop that has a good track record.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.