is bracing and 45 in corners really worth the money?

Radiospank
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking at a few boxes on ebay and I can buy a decent 100 dollar box that match's specs for my dd 2510 or I can pay 140 and get one with 45s in the corners.. both pretty identical boxes.

or i can pay 180 and get bracing 45s and overall nicer looking box.

thanks for your input

It's not so much whether 45's are worth the money. It's whether the box is and how it's put together. Just because t's the right volume and says its the right tuning doesn't mean it's to the specs of the sub.. Of you're going to spend the money, I would suggest having someone on here build it, whether its myself, @pro\-rabbit, or @Moble Enclosurs

[quote name='ssteele18']It's not so much whether 45's are worth the money. It's whether the box is and how it's put together. Just because t's the right volume and says its the right tuning doesn't mean it's to the specs of the sub.. Of you're going to spend the money, I would suggest having someone on here build it, whether its myself, @pro\-rabbit, or @Moble Enclosurs[/QUOTE]

I agree. There is much more to enclosures then just a few small things. I can also tell you to get the most out of that DD prefab is in no way the way to go. While I was working for AQ/DD that was an issue we heard/seen far to often. A shop tossing those subs into prefabs and then getting complaints about them.

ok I was quoted by dave the box guy for 200 and I jsut wanted to know if I was gonna invest in a box would all these details be worth the cost, ill check out this dc site too thanks guys

well I my main concern is having a custom box that will be identical to a prefab as far as specs. I kind of already know what tuning I want, it seems like having a jl w7 prefab box would suit me.. Is this correct, even if it's built with great care ?

well I my main concern is having a custom box that will be identical to a prefab as far as specs. I kind of already know what tuning I want, it seems like having a jl w7 prefab box would suit me.. Is this correct, even if it's built with great care ?
Tuning is relative to the application. There is no "magic" number to tune to to be honest. Also, a prefab is simply a horrible idea. They are not constructed very well and are never designed/built for your personal goals or application.

The best bet is to have one built custom to your application and goals. I replied to your quote already with some pricing and options. Should help a little with what you are looking for.

Tuning is relative to the application. There is no "magic" number to tune to to be honest. Also, a prefab is simply a horrible idea. They are not constructed very well and are never designed/built for your personal goals or application.
The best bet is to have one built custom to your application and goals. I replied to your quote already with some pricing and options. Should help a little with what you are looking for.
This man nows his stuff right here op. If only i can get him to respond to me. Rabbit can u hit me up so we can get my design on the way please .

This man nows his stuff right here op. If only i can get him to respond to me. Rabbit can u hit me up so we can get my design on the way please .
Sure thing...I'm on my way to the game right now. If you want just give me a call tomorrow when you have the time and we can get it worked out for you.

yeah those dc boxes look good to me, I'm just going to order from him. how much output can I expect to gain by going from a .75 sealed to 1.5 ported ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.