Orion HCCA output and box?? help please

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
so first off is it possible for a single 15 inch HCCA to do a hair trick?

Also its the silver cone is this better than the black cone? also is it recone-able with the black cone?

now i really want to get a bigger box how big is too big? how big of a port i will have it in a 98 ford exploder sport...

also i would like to mount the speaker magnent out will this diminish anything? will it require a special type of box ive never done it..i just think the most impressive thing about this woofer is its sheer mass of course..so why not display it?

what are some tips on box or anything to get the most out of this one woofer?

thanks for the advice im sure many people have had this woofer at one time or another!

they really dont take that much power, especially with factory 4 layer coils.

as far as mounting in reverse, im thinking thats not possible with that sub due to the way its designed.

if you want to show it off just use a plexi window in one panel.

and a hair trick with one maybe, but thats going to take a lot of work.

Just do a large ported enclosure with a viewing window and call it a day. Easiest way to get it done. Hair trick?....maybe, all depends on the actual setup and power being used.

Well first post is wrong...because I get it.move quite easily and for a single 15 it deff gets pretty loud..just saying

But with that said I actually found a Guy on YouTube with one 15 hcca doing nice hair tricks box specs were 7.5 cubes tuned to 27 Hertz. Was doing them well.

Also if this sub can't b inverted lwhere could I find plexi? And how will I cut it and is is really expensive? I was thinkng of using 1 inch mdf so would I need same thickness plexi?

Also what makes a sub able to be mounted in reverse?

Well first post is wrong...because I get it.move quite easily and for a single 15 it deff gets pretty loud..just saying

But with that said I actually found a Guy on YouTube with one 15 hcca doing nice hair tricks box specs were 7.5 cubes tuned to 27 Hertz. Was doing them well.

Also if this sub can't b inverted lwhere could I find plexi? And how will I cut it and is is really expensive? I was thinkng of using 1 inch mdf so would I need same thickness plexi?

Also what makes a sub able to be mounted in reverse?
it depends on your experience, I feel it is the the quietest ''spl'' sub I've ever touched.

24814_101007516601774_100000775793763_26499_7841906_n-1.jpg

this could be why, it has half a motor.

That being said a hair trick isn't that hard, you don't even have to be loud. All you need to do is build high and low pressure areas in your car. I would try to build as efficient as you can that will over come the weak motor on the sub. Use smaller chamber and larger port area tuned low it should peak out on the low freq where it's easiest to move air. Also I'd use 1'' plexi and it's not cheap, easy to crack.

Thanks and well I've heard louder but its loud..I can easily tell I can burn the coils right up I have it at 2 ohms on a ap3000d..I like it its.got decent range as well nut I admit its isn't the '****' but I like it but what do u mean half a motor

I've seen them inverted before and it sounded good but the box was way too small for them so i would imagine they would get loud in a box that is the correct size for it. If you dont have to much experience with different setups and how they react in different size boxes i would say dont go larger than 5 cu ft because you have to know what your doing if putting it in a bigger box than that. They arent the most efficient subs on the market but they are one of my favorite!

I'm confused too... what do u mean half a motor? Even with that it has 4" peak to peak isn't that what counts on moving the air?
Cone area, motor force, xmax are important but the install is the most important part. The hcca's are not low end monsters which is what you want for hair tricks. No higher than 34hz box and minimum of 2 12's or 1 15 to get really any hair movement. Yes and power is a huge factor in hair tricks. More power usually increases your lows by a decent amount. But with a quality box and a good amount of deadener hair tricks you will have.

How much BL do you really think you're going to have at '2" excursion' with that narrow coil? Could would be **** near out of the gap. I would bet it has a lot of x-mech but as far as useful excursion with any motor force....meh.

Definitely not a basket for mounting inverted either and yes, 1" plexy (or lexan) is very expensive stuff. You're looking at probably a small piece as a window only. As far as levitating hair in an explorer it probably won't happen for you.

Not the best subs by any means, but descent for what they are. The deff weigh a ton! So if the motor was so called "full" the sub would weigh near 95 pounds or so... I have seen them inverted, but that would be ridiculous to mount. And I dont understand why that pic is squashed like that. The sub is much taller than that.

hmm well i can smell the coils pretty easily..the sub doesnt seem to sound bad could this be due to clipping? How can you tell if you are actually clipping or just overpowering if you cant hear it?

but also i think this sub does get very loud and i like it though its not worth its retail price id say its worth owning just because it looks so cool lol.

but i was thinking maybe a 7 cub box 3-4 inch port hole tuned to about 28 hertz...would this be okay?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.