voltage step up converter

Participant count
  • Participant list
the step up converter or the wire thing that programs the alt for higher voltage. the step up box is only good for like 30-60amps of current so u would need quite a few of them where as the alt wire uses the full potential of the alt but requires a step down for the factory system

im not sure which. i was told this was something i could do. to bump my system up to 14.4 and 16v so i can get the most out of my amp. he said it would be like 300 so I'm assuming its the harness

Why not just upgrade to a better amp? From what ive seen they only do a clean 750wrms @ 1 ohm anywho.... I think a better amp would help more then put that AP on 16V

I had a APSM-1300 on my JBL P1022 @ 1ohm, trust me get a better amp. Money will be better spent

id be getting a lanzar amp and modding it. but my alt can't put out enough power. so if i get a volt step up then i can make an amp put out more power. because even the apsm1300 at 1 ohm on my electrical will only put out aroun 400w.

I have a Turbostart Step Up Transformer that charges 12v batteries at 16v. I charged 4 Turbostart 16v batteries with it running 8k watts. PM me if interested.

im exploring alternative methods of upgrading my electrical. rather than getting a $260 160a h/o alt and a new batt if i need one. $120. so almost $400.

vs

the step up which I'm seeing for under $300 or if i get the step up will i still need a h/o?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.