Pac soem-t loc

Participant count
  • Participant list

rjay
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Question about installing this 2 channel line out converter. Can I use a rca splitter on both rca's to connect one set to the sub input and the other set to the front channel input on a 5 channel amp? Would this even work and if so, would it take away from the sound quality? I figured the amps crossover points would differentiate the frequencies to the speakers and sub.

Yes, it will work and no, it won't be a problem. The input is buffered in the amp before the crossover is applied; the crossover does not modify the input. It modifies the signal on the fly. I use that exact LOC and do that exact thing.

Cool thanks. Now on the gray and white wires you connect to you speaker wire, did you connect the white and gray together and the white/black and gray/black together and then tie them into your speaker wire?

Are you using this LOC on the speaker outputs of the Kenwood DPX308U in your sig or is this going into a different system? If you have the Kenwood, don't mess with the LOC and just run RCA's from the HU.

For factory HU connections - you need to connect the front left and front right speaker wires to the LOC wires. Right is Gray and Left is White. you'll make four separate connections, Pos and Neg on each Left and Right.

follow the manual wiring diagram for stereo output. set Input as Wired and set Output as RCA and use the associated harnesses.

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/SOEM-T/1_Instructions/soem-t_instructions_091709.pdf

you describe mono wiring which will not give you stereo separation. you want stereo separation for the front speakers.

Are you using this LOC on the speaker outputs of the Kenwood DPX308U in your sig or is this going into a different system? If you have the Kenwood, don't mess with the LOC and just run RCA's from the HU.
For factory HU connections - you need to connect the front left and front right speaker wires to the LOC wires. Right is Gray and Left is White. you'll make four separate connections, Pos and Neg on each Left and Right.

follow the manual wiring diagram for stereo output. set Input as Wired and set Output as RCA and use the associated harnesses.

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/SOEM-T/1_Instructions/soem-t_instructions_091709.pdf

you describe mono wiring which will not give you stereo separation. you want stereo separation for the front speakers.
Sorry, will be on factory HU, so I will wire them in stereo mode, thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.