Remote Line for Amp - Sony XAV AX8100 and PAC RP4.2-TY11

noveske

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking for a remote line to run to an amp. Been a while since I had some audio stuff.
Just swapped some speakers and threw in a head unit while retaining the factory JBL amplified stuff. Just want to leave it there for convenience. Figured I'd just add an underseat sub/amp to keep it simple.

Would I just running off the blue/white wire on Interface Connector 2?

1679005516220.png

Also saw some head units had a feature that would power the amp on/off from sensing an audio signal. Does that eliminate the need for a remote wire? So then they should only need RCA's for audio and power correct?

Does that eliminate the need for a remote wire? So then they should only need RCA's for audio and power correct
Not really. The ones that need the signal sense are the LOCs or amps. That way as soon as the radio sends a signal via RCAs, the LOC/amp will sense it and click on.
That new radio should have a blue remote wire that will go to the amp.
I just saw the diagram. It is the Blue/White.

Last edited:
Not really. The ones that need the signal sense are the LOCs or amps. That way as soon as the radio sends a signal via RCAs, the LOC/amp will sense it and click on.
That new radio should have a blue remote wire that will go to the amp.
I just saw the diagram. It is the Blue/White.
I guess I'm just having trouble understanding where the source is to run to the amp.

I'll be adding an amp/sub. RCA's available on the back of the head unit. So run those.
Then power to the amp. So then would the amp need the remote still?

If it doesn't have signal sensing... Where would I get the remote out? Tap it from interface connector 2 or in-line where it goes from the head unit to the PAC? Did I miss where I should be getting this line from?

Last edited:
Where would I get the remote out? Tap it from interface connector 2 or in-line where it goes from the head unit to the PAC? Did I miss where I should be getting this line from?
If I understood correctly, you installed an aftermarket headunit? If yes, that radio should have a Blue with White wire coming out the harness. That wire will go into the amp's remote turn on. That wire is the trigger signal.

I guess I'm just having trouble understanding where the source is to run to the amp.

I'll be adding an amp/sub. RCA's available on the back of the head unit. So run those.
Then power to the amp. So then would the amp need the remote still?

If it doesn't have signal sensing... Where would I get the remote out? Tap it from interface connector 2 or in-line where it goes from the head unit to the PAC? Did I miss where I should be getting this line from?

Yeah you have it. Your head unit has RCA outputs, those go to the amp. The blue/white wire = remote wire = a switch wire / power button. Yeah connect to the blue/white wire to the amp's remote in.

Not sure how a head unit would have a remote sensing wire for the head unit. The remote wire is the switch to turn on the amp. It's the amp's signal to turn on.

I'm not sure what's allowed to be said, so I won't tell you that the green wire for the parking brake is just a ground. It's the LEGAL REQUIREMENT (for professional installers) to connect so you can't work your NAV while your parking brake is not set. I won't tell you that if you just connect that wire to ground then your head unit thinks the parking brake is always set, and you can adjust it when you need to, not just when the parking brake is on.

Last edited:
Yeah you have it. Your head unit has RCA outputs, those go to the amp. The blue/white wire = remote wire = a switch wire / power button. Yeah connect to the blue/white wire to the amp's remote in.

Not sure how a head unit would have a remote sensing wire for the head unit. The remote wire is the switch to turn on the amp. It's the amp's signal to turn on.

I'm not sure what's allowed to be said, so I won't tell you that the green wire for the parking brake is just a ground. It's the LEGAL REQUIREMENT (for professional installers) to connect so you can't work your NAV while your parking brake is not set. I won't tell you that if you just connect that wire to ground then your head unit thinks the parking brake is always set, and you can adjust it when you need to, not just when the parking brake is on.

Yeah, I got all of what you're saying. I guess I'm really looking for where I would run that wire from.

If I understood correctly, you installed an aftermarket headunit? If yes, that radio should have a Blue with White wire coming out the harness. That wire will go into the amp's remote turn on. That wire is the trigger signal.

Yes, I have a Sony XAV-AV8100 install. It has the PAC RP4.2-TY11 wired to it. It was bundle and pre-wired so it would be PnP. Went that route since it was the same as if I did it myself. I swear the last time I did this the headunit just had a remote line outlet.

So I did confirm the blue is the remote line for the amp. Found this pic online. Just for clarification purpose...
1679085441094.png

1679084946243.png

Does anyone know how to find out what the model number is on these headsets through the settings?
Im pretty certain that you will need to pull the HU and get the serial # off the back usually on a sticker and or wiring diagram attached on the rear of the unit or on top or bottom. You should be able to see the Unit Model on the face of majority of HUs. Very rarely will you find and or locate the model# within settings.

Im pretty certain that you will need to pull the HU and get the serial # off the back usually on a sticker and or wiring diagram attached on the rear of the unit or on top or bottom. You should be able to see the Unit Model on the face of majority of HUs. Very rarely will you find and or locate the model# within settings.
Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...