Mid 140's with type r's??

DaveVT
10+ year member

Like A Boss
VT
Im looking to run a single 12 or 2 12" type r's and want to get around mid 140's on music. Think this is possible with 600rms each?. I know the box is a huge factor and ill run ported or sealed I dont really care.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Box needs to fit in the trunk of a 2000 neon and I would prefer to keep some trunk space.

Im looking to run a single 12 or 2 12" type r's and want to get around mid 140's on music. Think this is possible with 600rms each?. I know the box is a huge factor and ill run ported or sealed I dont really care.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Box needs to fit in the trunk of a 2000 neon and I would prefer to keep some trunk space.
Out of a trunk on music.. I dont see it.

Hmm... I've built for a Neon and that trunk is tiny. Lol. I don't know if you can get a pair of 12's ported back there. I'd look for a little better single 12 and throw more power at it. Mid 40's is still tough, but doable. I was doing 43's on music with my SA12 on 1500w in the trunk of my Lexus and those seats don't fold down.

Hmm... I've built for a Neon and that trunk is tiny. Lol. I don't know if you can get a pair of 12's ported back there. I'd look for a little better single 12 and throw more power at it. Mid 40's is still tough, but doable. I was doing 43's on music with my SA12 on 1500w in the trunk of my Lexus and those seats don't fold down.
recommendations?.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

recommendations?.

Different sub choice. More power which means elecrical upgrades.. OR different car.
yeah money is definitely an issue there.....Here are the subs I have.....10" oldschool solo baric, 12" type R.......I think the type r will get louder and I can probably grab a second. So, 1 12" type r ported or 2 12" type R's sealed are my options really. So I guess lets get some opinions with this known.

sell all those woofers and get a good single 12. like a sundown night shade, the zcon/xcon, Dc audio lvl 3+, or A single Fi Q 12 would probably be your best bet.

In a trunk it is going to be tough to achieve with the products you are using.

Can you go measure your car and get a max height, width, and depth you are willing to use? This way we can kind of see what may fit in the space you have a bit better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.