Bylaw "noise violation" ticket - 1 day later.... ?

MitchZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was sitting at home when a community bylaw truck came up my driveway and handed me a ticket for "excessive noise from amplification equipment". Because someone complained.....

I didn't admit to anything. Heres how the conversation went:

Him "So I got noise complaints about your truck..."

me: "What do you mean?"

him "Your stereo..."

me: "What about it?"

him: "A bank complained about you driving by yesterday"

me: "I don't know what you're talking about"

He hands me a ticket and walks away.

me: "See you in court"

I would think people complain to the Police first, then bylaw second. - because thats pretty much common sense. I've never gotten a ticket like this from a cop because I turn it down when I see them, and they've never delivered a ticket to my door before. I'm assuming this is because they have no proof.

How would this hold up in court?

The way I look at it is.... 0 evidence. Innocent until proven guilty.

I wouldn't be able to sue someone I know for physical abuse walking into court with 0 evidence, 0 bruises, 0 pictures, just a time and a place saying "XXX hurt me at this time", how would they get away with this? Lol.

Anyone have similar experiences?

what is this bylaw stuff? in san diego no one comes up to ur door and gives u a noise violation ticket for something u did out on the street a few hours earlier...usualy the cops pull u over of they hear u but i dont get what happend to u...canada is different

at least thats how my cousin got out of a drunk driving violation with his jeep in a ditch when the cops pulled up and the 2 of them trying to rock the Jeep back onto the wheels

what is this bylaw stuff? in san diego no one comes up to ur door and gives u a noise violation ticket for something u did out on the street a few hours earlier...usualy the cops pull u over of they hear u but i dont get what happend to u...canada is different
Bylaw is like Community police assigned to a small part of the town and they can't really arrest you, just pull you over and annoy you.

I honestly don't see a point - its a useless job.

I don't see how they have the right to do this, but apparently they do since it just happened to me. LOL.

Yes yes, and that battery you sold to me.

I'm going to invoice you a portion of the ticket since the battery came from you. :p

Can't wait to drive by that bank sooooo slllooowwwwwww with my Soundstream xxx 18 thats almost here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

AAAAWWWWWWWW YEAH! I'll take part blame in this =P

You need to come down for our show next month.

We have a ton of people from canada coming down to it so it is going to be a huge show!

Bylaw is like Community police assigned to a small part of the town and they can't really arrest you, just pull you over and annoy you.I honestly don't see a point - its a useless job.

I don't see how they have the right to do this, but apparently they do since it just happened to me. LOL.
this little bylaw thing you got going over there makes me homicidal!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

Makes me think some rich twits in a condo association have some how extended their reach.

I fckin hate that yuppie *** BS!!!

I hope one of them gets shot in the head while harassing the wrong person. that will put a stop to it

GL

If they wanted evidence would not be hard.. bank=cameras.. i dont see them going that far for a small ticket.. would be a waste of time n money.. doubt he will even show up in court. get dropped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.