Truck Bass

lemon4879
10+ year member

Florida
It seems to me that bass just doesn't get nearly as loud in a truck. I have the stealthbox containing a JL w3v3 in a 2005 f150 and it get's 300 watts rms. I thought this thing is supposed to pound? It sounds pretty good though but if i amplify door speakers i think it might get overpowered. If i give it 500 rms is it worth it and also do dynamat? I need help with this, I want amazing sound quality, thank you.

I have rattles, what about 500 watts rms? Much improvement? I just don's have the room for anything else and i want it to sound really good. Would amplifying my speakers hurt the bass?

I have rattles, what about 500 watts rms? Much improvement? I just don's have the room for anything else and i want it to sound really good. Would amplifying my speakers hurt the bass?
No, that wouldn't hurt your bass, and 500w rms isn't going to make much of an improvement. IMO, the only way to get more bass than that is go bigger. If you want bass that bad, and don't use the bed on your truck, I have a suggestion.

ported box.

my friend has a jl10w3v3 in a ported box off 400-500 watts (not sure, some alpine amp)

the thing pounds for a single 10...

if ur pushing 300 watts u have to go ported for any decent output...

i have a crew cab truck and its plenty loud, but i dont push 300 watts

lol no one looked it up because no one cares about your overpriced jl garbage.

and what you paid, is negligible because you aren't satisfied with it anyway.

do a blowthrough, i guarantee it will make you happy, even if you do something small like two 12's on 1kw.

I meant to say to you Buck, what exactly is this? It seems like a major modification that i don't believe i can do.
You don't have to do it yourself, but if you buy JL surely you have enough money to pay for it! Lol, okay, that was a joke but it's not too hard to do, if you have the money.

This "garbage" you say so happens to be the best sounding subwoofer i have ever heard, no one i have ever met has come close, no one can beat it and still be loud that i have met. You don't know bass until you have had it in the right box for SQ. You just hate JL because you want the cheap subwoofer that is loud, yes you will be louder then me, but will also give me a headache because of the way it sounds, not worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.