Truck Bass

Exactly, JL is expensive, but once i heard them i was convinced they have amazing sound quality. And i am just using a w3v3. I want to hear a w6, thats one sub i haven't really heard yet.

You dont have to spend alot of mulla to sound good and bump pretty hard. I have a single cab dodge ram with a custom built box by ami creations for a single 12. I have a budget system that slams the crap out of most trucks around here due others having prefab enclosures that sound like ***. Bumping on a budget is listed on my sig.

I really think it's hopeless knowing which brand is best, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and some say DD sounds better then JL but it does not. I think the more you spend the better it will sound as long as you set it up the right way.

I really think it's hopeless knowing which brand is best, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and some say DD sounds better then JL but it does not. I think the more you spend the better it will sound as long as you set it up the right way.
yeah that's true, but that's why we're trying to help you out by spending less, and still getting just as good SQ if not more. so either you listen to everyone that's helping you out, and stop bitching, or you ***** some more and GTFO.

So false....it is all in the build...JL is nice stuff, I wont lie...but they do sell for way to much, but people like you are the reason they still survive in today's market, amazingly.....

You want louder, but want it to sound good, then either build a nice custom ported box for your sub to get the low end, but you may and it is only a possibility that you would lose some SQ.....but again is all in the build.

Or spend some and get a higher end JL sub, since you seem to like them so much. Those stealth boxes purpose is to save room and for SQ, not really to get loud.

And i know plenty of peeps getting loud off 500 and under RMS.....all because it is in the box and overall build.

Good luck!

Trucks are much better suited for a SPL environment. Cars are generally better suited for SQ. The only good SQ trucks that I've seen were heavily modded.

Well maybe there is something wrong with my amplifiers then, because i just took my old budget sub out which was an alpine type S on 100 watts rms and it seemed just as loud as mine at 300 watts rms supposedly.

Well maybe there is something wrong with my amplifiers then, because i just took my old budget sub out which was an alpine type S on 100 watts rms and it seemed just as loud as mine at 300 watts rms supposedly.
Were the JL and the type S both in the same box?

This "garbage" you say so happens to be the best sounding subwoofer i have ever heard, no one i have ever met has come close, no one can beat it and still be loud that i have met. You don't know bass until you have had it in the right box for SQ. You just hate JL because you want the cheap subwoofer that is loud, yes you will be louder then me, but will also give me a headache because of the way it sounds, not worth it.
I can make two walmart sony xplods sound better and louder than your jl woofa.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.