08 sliverado crew cab subs under back seat

DonkeyKong

Does anyone out there have a recommendations on a quality set of subs to put under the back seat of my 08 silverado. Don't really want to modify or lift the seat. Can i accomplish hard hitting bass without doing so. Past system experience is very minimal. Have an 05 Durango with solobaric 12 L5 pushed by an Alpine 500.1. In my doors I have four 6.5 speakers alpine s series pushed by a Alpine 300.4. Thinking of going Hertz on doors. Any advise would really be appreciated. All local shop only push what is on there shelves so I am looking for a different perspective.

A Crew Cab you say???? Well, there's not much room under a CC's rear seat for anything major. Your best bet would be to put the subs behind the seat and the amps under it. My friend had an '06 GMC CC and I had to make a center console for the rear seat. His sub had to much mounting depth to fit behind the seat and we put the amps under the seat. Is it a NBS or the OBS style truck? I have 0 experience w/the NBS trucks, but what I did see was little to no room at all under the rear seat.

I have a Y2K Sierra Ext cab and did the lift on my rear bench. Had plenty of room after that. Look at the "No Limits" install > Car Audio Message Forum - CarStereo.com

You can fit 2 slim 10's behind the seats, I had 2 slim 12's but had to remove some of the stuff off the back wall to get it in there being it was 12's. Sounded good. I would recommend RE Slim subs, I had pioneers and I blow 2 pair of those.. You could also do slim subs under the seat if you really wanted to.

Here is the box I have been building for those trucks.

09-chevy-gm-crewcab-1-10-1cuft.jpg

Been using DD510b, 1010b, and 1510a.

That little guy slams. Even w/ the DD510b is kills the 2-shallow 12" sealed boxes I have heard (w/ the same power ~400w)

ye ai would go with 1 sub ported to be most effecient something like this above would be nice or the foxbox
http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GM-CC-110-V

but it looks like he is utilizing more space

but we need price rang u want to use, id get one nice beefy sub 1000 watts and port it

Don't want to rain on anyones parade, but that foxbox ported box looks like crap. Looks to be ~.8cuft at best.

Don't want to rain on anyones parade, but that foxbox ported box looks like crap. Looks to be ~.8cuft at best.
1.2 amd they make some of the best truck boxes i know, only one id buy, but i did post ur box seems like its utilizing more space.

HIGH OUTPUT VENTED ENCLOSURE FOR THE NEW CREW CAB GM TRUCK

INTERNAL AIR VOULME: 1.2 CUBIC FEET

TUNE FREQUENCY: 35HZ

TERMINALS: 2 SCREW MOUNTED

HOLE DIAMETER: 9.125"

MOUNTING DEPTH: 6.25" WITH A 6" MAGNET

Enclosure is only 32" wide leaving room for mounting amps under the rear seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.