Hey guys! Give yall opinion on this..

BNolan12
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
This might be a stupid question but im fairly new so imma ask anyway should i go with the set-up i have now which is 2 12" alpine type r's in a custom built port box or buy my friends set up which is 4 12" audiopipe tsvr in a custom built port box? Thanks for any feedback

ps. i would be pushing this with a crunch pzi2000 mono.

nah, those two options are all im dealing with bc i like my system but when my friend came up with this i told him i would think about it as maybe an upgrade so thats why im asking you guys if this would be an upgrade or not

Man i used to get on this forum on a daily basis and everybody loved FI and RE then and now i get on a lot again and it seems like everybody is D.C nut swingers now....

D.C probably is a great product but not everyone will want it, so give people other options.....This guy gave a choice that had nothing to do D.C and you say get D.C, That is pretty retarded and has nothing to do with the poster's question..

To the O.P, I'm sure the 4 12's will be louder just because of the cone area, but i do know that R's get loud too, It all really depends on what setup you WANT more.

Well you won't have to spend any money if you stick with the type-Rs and they're decent subs, so I guess the question is if you want to spend more money or not. Personally four 12" Type-Rs in a ported box should be pretty loud.

thanks for the input man. Thats exactly what my friend had told me, that it'll be louder but it all depends on what i want? What exactly does that mean? What will the 4 12's bring that the R's dont and vise versa?

Well you won't have to spend any money if you stick with the type-Rs and they're decent subs, so I guess the question is if you want to spend more money or not. Personally four 12" Type-Rs in a ported box should be pretty loud.
^ This. Listen to his setup and yours and get a rough comparison, then decide.

P.s. DC is quality, though not related to this thread lulz.

thanks for the input man. Thats exactly what my friend had told me, that it'll be louder but it all depends on what i want? What exactly does that mean? What will the 4 12's bring that the R's dont and vise versa?
Well do you want 4 12's? You could just do what the poster above said and buy 2 more R's and that would be insane.....

The R's are better subs i am sure, but it would be hard to beat 4 12's with only 2....

The 4 12's would move more air....

Double the surface area. My guess is the 4 12's should be noticeably louder. Though I haven't heard those exact speakers.

The R's are a budget friendly medium of cheap SQL-a mix of loud/sq

Well do you want 4 12's? You could just do what the poster above said and buy 2 more R's and that would be insane.....
And would want 2krms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Not exactly car-friendly without some upgrades.

Thanks guys, Thats what i'm going to do i gotta go to his house anyway so imma put them on my amp listenin to them and then see where i can go from there

And would want 2krms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Not exactly car-friendly without some upgrades.
You are correct sir, If it was me i would probably stick with the 2 12's because 2 12's being loud is way more impressive than 4.....

yeh the 4 R's are out the pic due to power needed and upgrades that i dont want to do, i know the 4 AP's could run on my setup so thats the reason i was looking into them

yeh the 4 R's are out the pic due to power needed and upgrades that i dont want to do, i know the 4 AP's could run on my setup so thats the reason i was looking into them
Surface area helps.

But takes up more room. It's all pro/con. Let us know how it goes and good luck! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.