what size slot?

Participant count
  • Participant list

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
have another thread on figuring out aeros. fasfocus helped but now im getting people saying its not right.

until the aeros come together i will have a slot port.

need 2.5cubes at 35hz

30w x 14h x 15d gives me about 2.5 after sub displacement

what lengths and height should the slot be?

(does the enitre slot port area also count as displacement? my above net volume is assuming its a sealed. idk if the port would also take away?)

thanks again guys. this site has been real helpful since i found it. hope i can help some of you guys out whenever i can in return!

re.jpg

going the re way for now since i dont have any responses yet.

do these re calculations look right?

thanks again.

have another thread on figuring out aeros. fasfocus helped but now im getting people saying its not right.

until the aeros come together i will have a slot port.

need 2.5cubes at 35hz

30w x 14h x 15d gives me about 2.5 after sub displacement

what lengths and height should the slot be? depends on whic hway its facing. back up et cetera. subtract 1.5 from that sides length.you'll want 25-40 sq in of port area. depending on the sub your using. example with that box if you were going to have port facing rear. the port would be 12.5 tall x 2~3.5wide.the length will then vary based on whaat size the port is.

(does the enitre slot port area also count as displacement? my above net volume is assuming its a sealed. idk if the port would also take away?)

yes the ports displacement must also be taken into account. if youd like some more help with this id be more than glad to help you via pm. or i can do you a design with 3D sketch for a small fee.

thanks again guys. this site has been real helpful since i found it. hope i can help some of you guys out whenever i can in return!some of us try to help whenever we can //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif glad to hear you plan to be a positive contributor

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.