Bumpin Buicks NW build

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
I know I have had a few builds so far this year but this is the real one, finally lol

The real build started today and will follow through the next two weeks. This is a SS NW build in my daily driver. Here's the updates for the season plans:

• I have two DC lvl 5s that are 15" d.7
  • I will be keeping the DD Z2lv until I upgrade to two RD D9s
  • The Eclipse AVN7000 which is in with the new Ipod touch
  • My new custom made terminals from ToolMaker are done and I can not wait
  • Three new NSB90s will be picked up tomorrow at the show

Then onto the box which will be my pride and joy. John at AE helped me run transfer function tests to find not only the transfer function but which configuration would be the loudest for sub and port displacement. After rigorous testing subs up, port up is the verdict. That way I can have maximum airspace and not worry about my port too close to the hatch. Also 43hz and 55hz were the peak frequencies. John helped me design up the box so I have ten cubes all below window line. Interchangeable ports, two are slots, and one is a set of 4 aeros. Today we made all the bracing necessary and the top two baffles. We used all 8 ply baltic birch, everything was cut on the CNC table. I then went over each part with a 1/8" round over and a circular sander. I will let the pics do the rest of the talking, and try and get a vid of the CNC table in action, man is that thing help a bit.

Terminals from Toolmaker

PictureorVideo192.jpg

Transfer Functions

IMG_4314.jpg

CNC starting on bracing

IMG_4302.jpg

Finished

IMG_4299.jpg

Any box builders dream

IMG_4311.jpg

More Pieces

IMG_4315.jpg

The little helper

IMG_4317.jpg

Some bracing together

IMG_4318.jpg

Top over bracing

IMG_4320.jpg

I have shows and work in the mean time but I will resume/finish this next Saturday. Hoping to have a new alt in by then as well, so I can do testing with each individual drop in port.

nice. U going to sell the DD amp?
Who knows, I sure do love it and I will keep it until I can afford the D9's

Wow a CNC? lucky bastard...
Yep John's shop has some amazing things that help so much, im guessing he can do just about anything at that shop. He has anything from a magnetizing machine, milling machines, rooms of cones and spiders and ferrite. Its like heaven for me. That CNC sure did help a lot though, that accuracy is unmatched.

Awesome terminals, and that CNC is sweet, makes everything so much nicer. That's how John made my tweeter mounts for my Jimmy, using the CNC.

**** Matt this thing I believe is gonna be sick........
Thanks Scott, well see how it goes

Awesome terminals, and that CNC is sweet, makes everything so much nicer. That's how John made my tweeter mounts for my Jimmy, using the CNC.
Wow, nice terminals...ToolMaker is a guy on here? I need something similar...
He may be on here but he is on a few other forums as well, if youd like his contact info hit me up.

Awesome stuff! Can I be you for a day? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
You don't live to far man, come to a meet and your more then welcome to run my car for the day, dead serious.

Matt I went out & bought that plunge router, the circle jig, & round over for the corners. So we will be set for some more box's for next time lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.