Removing deadening ***** balls

duece212
5,000+ posts

Buddy Christ!
Colorado
...now I wish I would have bought cheap **** instead of dynamat extreme and damplifier pro that sticks really good. I've never once cut my hands installing deadening, now I've cut the **** outta my hands trying to remove it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

/vent

get some gloves.. i found some my old baseball glove..(hitting ones not mitt) and it helped a bunch.. i was tired of cutting my hands just get a corner and pull as hard as you can and work you way into the middle dont try to go around the edges you will tear it like that

why are you removing it:confused:
Going to put my truck up for sale soon. Removing some off the doors to open up the access holes again so the future buyer won't have to do that if anything needs fixin down the road. New f150's are notorious for power window problems so figured I wouldn't leave a mess for somebody if they needed to do work in the future.

Had to remove some from the backwall as well to reinstall the cab vents on the back wall.

get some gloves.. i found some my old baseball glove..(hitting ones not mitt) and it helped a bunch..
I'm going to have to try that, I still have one door to do, and one cab vent to replace. Waiting for it to cool down some outside, the stuff seems to like coming off better and is less messy in cooler temps.

but i like your truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i hear you on the power window failure though. my cavi has had that issue twice already and its an 04

but i like your truck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
i hear you on the power window failure though. my cavi has had that issue twice already and its an 04
I like the truck too, but its time for something a little smaller and a little quicker.

put some bags of ice on it?
I'm takin the lazy way out...sit on my butt until it cools down outside

hand torchers are so 2008

try this for 09:

sherman_flamethrower.jpg
fuk yeah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

It's butyl rubber. I'm kinda wondering if there isn't some chemical you could pour on it and have it lose it's stickyness. Probably would kill you and your car though.

Who am I kidding? I have deadening in my car, there's no easy way around this.

To fertilize his roof. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I can definitely tell spots I applied the deadener well and spots I didn't as I'm removing it. I have some chunks that just peel right up clean and others that are stuck so good the foil rips clean off the deadener and all the butyl stays stuck to the truck....its my favorite when that happens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.