My bad luck with Sundown :(

i know its not jakes fault, but just explain to him what you have going on, he might be willing to vut you a little break with the repairs. at the very least, if you bought it from someone he could probably check the SN's and see if they are still under warranty and work with you from there.

he is a good guy and will do what he can to help ya out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .

Both Jacob and the guys at SoundSolutions are top notch people (bought my amps from SoundSolutions)...my original 100.4 had a bad channel...Jacob exchanged it with no problem...both amps working flawlessly now with no alternator whine whatsoever.

First thing I would look at is how the gains are set on your 100.4...I know mine was a lot more sensitive then the amp it replaced (did the same as you and just replaced the amp with all existing wires still in place) and I was getting a little whine...then properly set the 100.4 with an oscope (gain setting was different on the other amp...I never use the 1/2 way up scenario because it may not be the same from amp to amp) and everything was good after that.

Second I would contact SoundSolutions (Aaron was a pleasure to deal with) and tell them what's up with the 100.4 (assuming you still have the whine issue after checking EVERYTHING out before assuming its the amp) and I will almost guarantee they will help you with the matter.

Lastly I would contact Jacob (assuming that SoundSolutions won't help you...which I seriously doubt) and let hime know what's going on.

As far as the used amps having problems...contact Jacob on that and I'm sure he'll be willing to work something out with you...he's a real good guy if you treat him with the same respect you'd want (as are most of us).

Good luck and I hope you get those amps fixed....because Sundown is the real deal when it comes to a company.

Both Jacob and the guys at SoundSolutions are top notch people (bought my amps from SoundSolutions)...my original 100.4 had a bad channel...Jacob exchanged it with no problem...both amps working flawlessly now with no alternator whine whatsoever.
First thing I would look at is how the gains are set on your 100.4...I know mine was a lot more sensitive then the amp it replaced (did the same as you and just replaced the amp with all existing wires still in place) and I was getting a little whine...then properly set the 100.4 with an oscope (gain setting was different on the other amp...I never use the 1/2 way up scenario because it may not be the same from amp to amp) and everything was good after that.

Second I would contact SoundSolutions (Aaron was a pleasure to deal with) and tell them what's up with the 100.4 (assuming you still have the whine issue after checking EVERYTHING out before assuming its the amp) and I will almost guarantee they will help you with the matter.

Lastly I would contact Jacob (assuming that SoundSolutions won't help you...which I seriously doubt) and let hime know what's going on.

As far as the used amps having problems...contact Jacob on that and I'm sure he'll be willing to work something out with you...he's a real good guy if you treat him with the same respect you'd want (as are most of us).

Good luck and I hope you get those amps fixed....because Sundown is the real deal when it comes to a company.
I 100% agree with everything said here. Talk to those guys and they will take care of you I am sure.

I thought you fixed your engine whine ?

Did it re-occur ?

You know you can always contact me for support. If the amp hasn't been through 10 people I can usually figure out where it came from and if it's under warranty.

PS: Buying new does relieve alot of headaches so you won't have to track down proof of purchase. If you have a new amp from SSA I have a record of it being shipped for them. You can print the check-out page from your SSA shopping cart as an invoice.

An engine whine is rarely a bad amp - I believe last time we talked you just moved your RCA cable and it went away. This is a ground loop in the car.

perhaps it's the shop that's installing all of this equipment for u?

i know they make most of there money on installs but i'm sure they like to sell equipment that they have in inventory aswell. Not saying they've been sabotaging your setup but maybe try another shop? or DIY

Oh hey, thanks for responding. Yeah it came back almost immediately. I didn't want to email you back because I believe you in that it sounds like a ground loop problem to me too. It's just hard to get the installers to believe me when they can unhook the 100.4 and hook any other amp in it's place without moving any wires and the whine stops. But then they put the 100.4 back and the whine is there. They're convinced it's the amp, and I have no way to prove it since I know jack about installing anything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Indeed... wish you were local so I could check it out myself.

Have you tried a ground loop isolator unit attached in line with your RCA ?

Also, what brand head unit do you have ?

Ground loops are strange, as we discussed, I've acquired a ground loop in a vehicle before by removing a Profile amp and installing an Esoteric Audio amp (same as Diamond D7) so it is not indicative of the quality of the piece. I ended up having to use a ground loop isolator in that vehicle for any amp besides the Profiles - very odd.

On the 1000Ds - I don't think we ever talked about those. What seems to be the problem? The 1000D is the lowest problem % amplifier in my entire line, I find it very strange that you are having issues with them. Let me know what the issue is.

What I could do, is deal with the whine for now and wait until DB-R sends me back the 100.4 I sent in for repair. If they swap out amps directly and the whine goes away would I be able to send the current 100.4 back for a swap? Or is that still not proof that it is the amp? I wish I knew more about electronics/wiring/installation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
If you swap 100.4 for 100.4 and it goes away I will exchange it for you. I do test each amp on my test bench with car batteries and a car head-unit so it's about as close as you can get to a car besides not having an alternator (which is a big factor in engine noise many times).

IMO, u should find a member that is close and u can trust and have them take a look at it. installers can do some shady things when u spend a lotta money on something they don't sell.

We now have identical sub stages, lol. It is sad to hear the problems you have had with your 1000D as mine is awesome, has been kicking the BMs asses for more than a year now and still going strong.

You have bad luck I think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif YGPM on the 1000Ds.

Keep after the engine noise problem:

1) What HU do you have ?

2) Have you tried completely taking the RCAs out of the car and running them around the car to the amps? This would help test if it is location.

3) Have you had your alternator tested ? A bad voltage regular can cause odd engine whine - I have seen it before.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.