Hiding amps, and cooling them help!

CrazyKenKid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
okay guys here is the deal! i am have gotten 2 new amp from sundown! killer amps the 1000d's!

anyways i wnat to hide them under my rear seats in my car! but i image i will run into some problem aka heat and maybe condensation and to much heat and water doesnt' mix well with amps.

so i was thinking of hiding them under my seats and then put a 120mm fan or 2 in to cool them off? i think i will have to go bigger

basiclay my question is has anyone done somehting like this before? b/c i don't really know what to do. i just have an idea and no clue if it will work!

i want to hid my amps under nearth my rear seat to save some space in my truck and alos if someone wnat to rob me some how it will be harder and more work to get to the amps/ extra batter also (hc2400 kinetik).

so please someone get back to me on this!!

thanks for your time

Ken

condensation? You need something much 'colder' than the air around it to create condensation. Something heating up won't do that.

well couldn't it up and say if it was winter time and then i turn my car off and it goes from hot then right away to cold wouldn't condensation form?

so ya another quesiton to pick ppl's brains if i did put my amps under my seat i would have to worry about heat so i would have to put a fan under my seat and mount it similar to a computer fan? have one cooling them or should i put like 2 exhaused fans to get rid of the heat?

They may not need any fan at all. Just install them and see how hot they get. Worst case, they go into protect mode and then you know you need to spend the time to figure out how to install fans.

i guess i could jsut wing it and if i ended up needed to cool it down work from there, but if the amps go into protection mode due to overheating... wouldn't they be getting hurt?

question though lets just say that they do over heat and give me problems! how would you go about fixing this? like put fans into the rear seat as exhaust fans or should i jsut put too fans in there to move the heat around? or can someone venture an alternative idea??

You'd want the fans to blow across the amp.

An alternative would be to run a vent from your car's air system and turn the AC on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2 fans on each amp on the side where the power/ground connections are blowing down the heatsinks would help. That's what I did with the ones under my box in the spare tire well....

partsexpress has them for like $8 each and use a single relay to wire/power them all.

u will be fine... Look at Meades Hoe...hes got a bunch of **** under his seats and i dont think he has fans cooling them.

like everyone else has said, if they do go into protect, than buy some comp fans to cool them.

look at the stinger squirlcage fans. you need to put a couple of fans blowing towards the amps & a couple pulling the hot air away from the amps. i have mounted amps under plexiglass numerous times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.