My bad luck with Sundown :(

You have bad luck I think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif YGPM on the 1000Ds.
Keep after the engine noise problem:

1) What HU do you have ?

2) Have you tried completely taking the RCAs out of the car and running them around the car to the amps? This would help test if it is location.

3) Have you had your alternator tested ? A bad voltage regular can cause odd engine whine - I have seen it before.
Look at his sig, unless you have them disabled, his HU is listed there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Oops... not paying attention.

On that note... when I swapped from an Alpine to a JVC head-unit in my old Civic I acquired an engine noise. Just something to think about. I have always liked JVC HUs so I found that odd.

WOWSERS!! I felt really bad making this thread, as I love Sundown but I must say now that I'm glad I did. Thanks a TON Jacob!! That alone makes up for everything that has gone wrong. You went above and beyond, thank you sir!
Lol, obviously those PMs held good news for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Great to hear, Jacob is a stand up guy for sure, I have had 0 problems dealing with him and I love my amps.

**** that ***** dude. on the 1000 that won't turn off it sounds like there has to be a short with the remote wire terminal touching the power terminal or somethin like that, assuming everything else works fine, almost anyone should be able to fix that as its pretty much a simple electrical switch.

I know what I'd do if I were a company sellin these amps...but oh well at least he's tryin to help you out

good luck man

The shop doesn't sell the brand so they will do everything they can to call it junk - it's in their best interest if you buy something from them.

They will never admit the amp is even as good as what they sell. Like going into a Chevy dealer and having them fix something wrong with your Ford, of course it's because the Ford is junk.

So, I wouldn't really worry about that.

I don't know if I should say. If I did, everyone would be complaining...
Lol i figured it was somethin like that, but the way i see it, we already know its somethin like that anyway, so we might as well get to hear what exactly it is to settle our assumptions.

I'll just say that I have quite a bit of praise for his company and will continue to use and advertise his company out of a sense of obligation (hundreds of dollars worth)...
lol god damit the more you hint at it the more i want to know

lol god damit the more you hint at it the more i want to know
Jacob is a good guy and he insists on having happy customers. Thats all anyone needs to know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Sundown customer service > every other manufacturer

Jacob is a good guy and he insists on having happy customers. Thats all anyone needs to know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Sundown customer service > every other manufacturer
Sundown is great, but their CS = Stereo Integrity's CS, lol. Jake would agree with that I think.

first thing you need to do is spend some time reading this forum. Then never return to a shop to have them do it for you. Anything you want to install you can get help on here with how to install it.

Next, touch your sundown amps in a sexual way and they will always work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.