Zv5 15s or btl neo 15s

I'm pretty sure the Z line is assembled in house. And I think they are using precision coils now.

For that money I'd get a pair of 9515esp. That should bring the pain and work just fine on 5k or 2k or 10k. I will never again have a woofer that I feel can "take more". That's not a good thing. It means it's a inefficient turd.

I'm pretty sure the Z line is assembled in house. And I think they are using precision coils now. For that money I'd get a pair of 9515esp. That should bring the pain and work just fine on 5k or 2k or 10k. I will never again have a woofer that I feel can "take more". That's not a good thing. It means it's a inefficient turd.
Idk my NSV3s get loud on 1000watt amp and they get hella loud on two 8ks. They still seem like they would take more and I don't think it's a bad thing because they will just keep getting louder. I feel that are efficient enough to get loud on 1000watt and built well enough to handle almost whatever I can throw at them. So I love my woofers that seem can take more

Sundown.

The Neo Fi uses isnt on par with Warden for example, and it isnt remotely close to the wedge style Sundown uses. Dd, dc, iA, sundown... all use better neo than Fi. That doesnt make it a bad driver at all. But ppl see the 500$ price and think they are beating the system. Not all neo is built or designed the same

Z3-3qtr-back-right-2017.png

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Just a FYI all Z and up sundown subs are assembled here in the USA

Also it's hard to say sundown and China crap in the same sentence because they are some of the best woofers made. And that can't be argued.

Could they be a little cheaper sure but looking at about $700-$800 for any of the top tier woofers it's right in the ball park. (Not at $1300 per but anyone paying that is getting played)

I'm pretty sure the Z line is assembled in house. And I think they are using precision coils now. For that money I'd get a pair of 9515esp. That should bring the pain and work just fine on 5k or 2k or 10k. I will never again have a woofer that I feel can "take more". That's not a good thing. It means it's a inefficient turd.
Uh, what? Sundown is known for underrated subs rms. People with exact subs as I own have been putting 2-3x more power to them, sometimes even more.....because they can take it. That to me is an added bonus. Just like amps. Twisted Sounds is also known for underrated amps. Just look at the dyno tests. Again, that's some extra watts for the price someone paid for that amp. I'll take it.

They've always used Precision coils, the Zv1, v2, and v3 were built in house, I can vouch for that, I saw it with my own eyes, but I was told just after the new cones came out than the Z manufacturing was outsourced to China,

I'd also take DD. made

Just a FYI all Z and up sundown subs are assembled here in the USA
Also it's hard to say sundown and China crap in the same sentence because they are some of the best woofers made. And that can't be argued.

Could they be a little cheaper sure but looking at about $700-$800 for any of the top tier woofers it's right in the ball park. (Not at $1300 per but anyone paying that is getting played)
Since when did they bring back building Z in house? Nobody said they're crap, but I can promise you there's a reason their actual top lines are built by them.

Uh, what? Sundown is known for underrated subs rms. People with exact subs as I own have been putting 2-3x more power to them, sometimes even more.....because they can take it. That to me is an added bonus. Just like amps. Twisted Sounds is also known for underrated amps. Just look at the dyno tests. Again, that's some extra watts for the price someone paid for that amp. I'll take it.
You demonstrate examples of not understanding impedance or power over time. Sundown subs are honestly rated, I've discussed it with Jacob, an honest power handling rating is 50hz sine wave for 8 hours without breaking. If you say "hur dur, nobody listens to sine waves" I'd encourage you to go to some shows and see what passes for "music" that people play to show off or to bass race.

I can assure you, give me the dial on any of those "3X rated power" setups and I could find a few songs that would roast the subs in under 5 minutes almost every time without clipping signal.

Sundown.
The Neo Fi uses isnt on par with Warden for example, and it isnt remotely close to the wedge style Sundown uses. Dd, dc, iA, sundown... all use better neo than Fi. That doesnt make it a bad driver at all. But ppl see the 500$ price and think they are beating the system. Not all neo is built or designed the same
Yea and its 1/2 the price.. its not any worse he just uses less material and less magnets. Fyi its about 3/4 the motor strength of the dd 7 at 1/4 the price

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Idk my NSV3s get loud on 1000watt amp and they get hella loud on two 8ks. They still seem like they would take more and I don't think it's a bad thing because they will just keep getting louder. I feel that are efficient enough to get loud on 1000watt and built well enough to handle almost whatever I can throw at them. So I love my woofers that seem can take more
You tuned the m ideally in a large box. Try burping 155 at 65hz..

Bti neo over the 99 much less the 9500

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.