Z v.4 15" looking to go louder

No you are outdated. 2015 MECA charles haley. If its so easy, why did he beat out JL, morel and other SQ brands ran by serious competitors too.
Z v.4s in SQ - Car Audio Classifieds

scoresheet

Thats one polished nationals winning turd. I guess its still a turd.

If DD wins an award, its the greatest ever. If zv.4 wins an award, its "install" What kind fucked up nuthugger logic is that.
Mark Eldridge still owned everybody with JL. Just like he did with Kicker.

SQ is install and tuning. If you have more than you need you can cut. Also like 5s said, not many people compete in SQ anymore. Even less drove to North Alabama to compete.

The only time I mention DD in SQ is when people say the Z is a burp sub.

You have to think about the SPL levels judged for SQ. with enough EQ you can flatten out a sub if it's already loud enough.

Sound Quality is nothing like SPL. It's way more about the front stage and image. The height and depth of the stage, the smooth transition across the playable bandwidth.
Finally got to hear a nice sounding DD-Z setup. Very impressive compared to others Ive heard previously

I'm just pointing out the obvious. If a woofer can't get loud off that much power than either something is wrong or it's just a big, space wasting, inefficient turd
You seriously need to get off your high horse.....people sick and tired of you doing so.

Oh no not saying anything bad at all. Ive owned a lot of sundown gear, But OP shouldve read up a little more about the Zv4. If all he wants to do is run 2500rms a lot better drivers can use that power better. Thats why i said the Xv2 maybe a pair of SA 12s. Thats if you are sticking with sundown
I totally get what you're saying, and appreciate it. I went with the Z platform because I found one for $400 shipped with a fresh re-cone and jumped on it. I couldn't (and still can't) support more than the current power without a new alternator. So trying to save some cash I snatched up a new .5 stable amp and wired the sub down so it would get moving without real power behind it. But as time passed I started wondering what else could net me more output besides the power side of things, turns out nothing lol.. So, (thanks to everyones input), I'm going to get the electrical sorted, (DC Power 270 and another group 24 in the trunk) and then move on to changing out the amp for something that can produce big power at higher impedance to improve efficiency (probably the 2ohm Viking 7K). Considering i've already blown the wall off the current sub box and bolted it back on, a new box is on the list too...

I totally get what you're saying, and appreciate it. I went with the Z platform because I found one for $400 shipped with a fresh re-cone and jumped on it. I couldn't (and still can't) support more than the current power without a new alternator. So trying to save some cash I snatched up a new .5 stable amp and wired the sub down so it would get moving without real power behind it. But as time passed I started wondering what else could net me more output besides the power side of things, turns out nothing lol.. So, (thanks to everyones input), I'm going to get the electrical sorted, (DC Power 270 and another group 24 in the trunk) and then move on to changing out the amp for something that can produce big power at higher impedance to improve efficiency (probably the 2ohm Viking 7K). Considering i've already blown the wall off the current sub box and bolted it back on, a new box is on the list too...
Yeah go a little bit bigger on your next box. 4.25-4.5cf tune it to around 32-35hz. Space makes bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.