Z v.4 15" looking to go louder

From my testing... Banda is no more efficient than a quality Korean.
If you're looking for more output... You need more power, more displacement or more efficiency. Since it doesn't seem like you have the room for another sub or a bandpass... looks like you're going to have to add more power.

Or you could try rebuilding to a "trunk wall"
More power Forsure. 2k will tickle that zv4 and make it giggle but 5k will make it belly laugh and shart is pants. Oh yea and Korean all the way... U seen what tfade said up above. The Banda isn't more efficient then Korean and tfade knows his shlt. Been doing this and setting world records. I'd take what he says and run with it.
Absolutely and I know the Banda cant magically produce more power than it pulls. Even now with the BC2K, assuming an 80% efficiency (That's extremely generous considering its at .5 ohm) It will pull around 260 amperes at full tilt, Way more than the stock 110A alt in this car can support. So even now I have to be careful and keep the amp away from full output to have the voltage in a safe range. However the Viking 7K is fused at 250A... So, yes, an alternator is on the list.

Wasting your money upgrading to the nsv3. It's going to laugh at that power. Try turning your box around first facing in. But there's a reason why so many people have 3-3.5k amps on them.

Let's all give praise to a woofer that needs 2x rated to reach Xmax and tear up spiders to do it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Let's all give praise to a woofer that needs 2x rated to reach Xmax and tear up spiders to do it.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
well the same woofers did win MECA SQ nationals while placing pretty high on the SPL side too in the same setup. He did require two sundown scv4ks

well the same woofers did win MECA SQ nationals while placing pretty high on the SPL side too in the same setup. He did require two sundown scv4ks
That was the X and I could have done the same thing with the 9512 setup if I had more shows available. Seriously if you ever do a SQ setup you will see how easy the sub stage is. If you can cut the peaks out and get it up front(any DSP can do that) it's easy.

Bunch of sundown haters. Hehe if you don't have haters you doing something wrong.

On direct swap same power and same box the nsv3 will give you a 1db gain right off the back. Jacob has said this many times and in the Hhr we went from 158.1db -160.5db direct swap from zv4 to nsv3 but the peak went from 33hz up to 35hz but the nsv3 are still so stiff I think it will peak alittle lower once broke in and louder

Bunch of sundown haters. Hehe if you don't have haters you doing something wrong. On direct swap same power and same box the nsv3 will give you a 1db gain right off the back. Jacob has said this many times and in the Hhr we went from 158.1db -160.5db direct swap from zv4 to nsv3 but the peak went from 33hz up to 35hz but the nsv3 are still so stiff I think it will peak alittle lower once broke in and louder
I'm just pointing out the obvious. If a woofer can't get loud off that much power than either something is wrong or it's just a big, space wasting, inefficient turd

That was the X and I could have done the same thing with the 9512 setup if I had more shows available. Seriously if you ever do a SQ setup you will see how easy the sub stage is. If you can cut the peaks out and get it up front(any DSP can do that) it's easy.
No you are outdated. 2015 MECA charles haley. If its so easy, why did he beat out JL, morel and other SQ brands ran by serious competitors too.

Z v.4s in SQ - Car Audio Classifieds

scoresheet

Thats one polished nationals winning turd. I guess its still a turd.

If DD wins an award, its the greatest ever. If zv.4 wins an award, its "install" What kind fucked up nuthugger logic is that.

No you are outdated. 2015 MECA charles haley. If its so easy, why did he beat out JL, morel and other SQ brands ran by serious competitors too.
Z v.4s in SQ - Car Audio Classifieds

scoresheet

Thats one polished nationals winning turd. I guess its still a turd.
Not many people in SQ as you can see. He was also running 8k of power lol. 2 SCV4000s

With that power you shouldve really got the 15" Xv2.

Not many people in SQ as you can see. He was also running 8k of power lol. 2 SCV4000s
With that power you shouldve really got the 15" Xv2.
3rd and 4th place in MECA SPL nationals out of a trunk aint too bad. It might have needed a lot more enclosure space for the Xv2 but i'm sure he can tune that thing to do good too. Guy's a beast doing both with the same setup.

Bunch of sundown haters. Hehe if you don't have haters you doing something wrong. On direct swap same power and same box the nsv3 will give you a 1db gain right off the back. Jacob has said this many times and in the Hhr we went from 158.1db -160.5db direct swap from zv4 to nsv3 but the peak went from 33hz up to 35hz but the nsv3 are still so stiff I think it will peak alittle lower once broke in and louder
I must admit, I was a zv.4 hater too. But apparently no one in the west coast can make a flat and wide bandwidth ZV.4 setup that can get loud. Its always just "loud n low" builds. I found some new respect for zv.4s at least. I still never see myself running them though unless a killer crack head pricing deal comes.

3rd and 4th place in MECA SPL nationals out of a trunk aint too bad. It might have needed a lot more enclosure space for the Xv2 but i'm sure he can tune that thing to do good too. Guy's a beast doing both with the same setup.
Oh no not saying anything bad at all. Ive owned a lot of sundown gear, But OP shouldve read up a little more about the Zv4. If all he wants to do is run 2500rms a lot better drivers can use that power better. Thats why i said the Xv2 maybe a pair of SA 12s. Thats if you are sticking with sundown

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.