You have $700 to buy a 1 head unit, 4 speakers, 1 sub and amp. GO!

Thanks..so how would I go about purchasing a Tantric subwoofer?
You can thru me. Or contact Ron direct. Either way still them same price. But I can usually get them done faster. As he doesn't check his emails but once or twice a week. Very busy

IDK what cz702, ph5100, 1 xfl 12?..idk what these things are. I'm a noob man, ya gotta speak to me like I'm 5.
Let me google that for you - the ph5100

Let me google that for you - xfl 12 one of the beefiest sub you can get under 200

and the cz702 is the clarion headunit thats been recommended many times over in this thread already thats extremely good for the money, great sound, active capable, 3 sets of RCA high voltage output. If you didnt know, clarion also falls into the category mainstream brands if thats all you care about lolz.

Let me google that for you - the ph5100
Let me google that for you - xfl 12 one of the beefiest sub you can get under 200

and the cz702 is the clarion headunit thats been recommended many times over in this thread already thats extremely good for the money, great sound, active capable, 3 sets of RCA high voltage output. If you didnt know, clarion also falls into the category mainstream brands if thats all you care about lolz.
Wow 2nd day on this forum and I've already been put in my place. haha!

Alright this is what I went with:

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X397 head unit - $90

JBL MS-52C 5.25 speakers - $150

SoundQubed HDS10 x2 subs - $160

Precision Power P 900.5 5-channel AMP - $210

Total comes out to = $610

And I still have to buy wires. Also I'm wondering how hard it would be for a complete novice (me) to install this system into my car?

If I can't install it then I will have to pay someone else to do it which may put me over my budget, which isn't the end of the world.

I appreciate any feedback!

OP... so you don't know how to install a car stereo? Keep in mind that you're getting these advices from random people on the internet and if something goes wrong/defective then it is really hard for anyone on the net to troubleshoot, that is if they even bother to help when things go sour. Do you know how to set the gain on the amplifier along with the EQ/volume on your headunit? Do you know how to run wires in your car without interference? Do you know how to properly tighten/crimp every connection so they don't come loose overtime? Do you understand voltage drop and what a hot coil smells like? Do you know what to do if you get alternator whine in your audio signal? Does you current car's electrical system in good enough shape to have a stereo without your car acting up?

^^^Those are questions that haven't been asked by anyone here, because they don't really care, they just want to throw their favorite brand to you like a fat kid pointing at a chocolate cake. I want to tell you to just visit a local stereo shop and have them do it all, that way you get warranty and if something goes wrong it's not your problem. However $700 isn't going to get you everything, you'll need at least $1000. Also shops don't warranty anything if you bring in your own equipment to have them install it (just like car repair shops) so if it's defective then you just paid money for nothing and you're now stuck with a broken product that costs money and time to return.

Agreed all shops will not warranty products not bought from them. But most will install equipment that's brought in if you don't understand the ins and outs of car audio installation. Then don't do it. You can really mess your car up bad if not careful in most caese it's not that hard to do But that in most cases not all. It varies from car to car. Some are rsLly easy as others can take all day just to install a deck If you have a basic understanding of your car electrical system and how it works it may not be to bad for you There is some good advise here. From some members but not all. In fact there are more new members here lately than I've seen in the 5-6 years I've been here If your gonna try to install yourself you might wanna see if there is someone close to you that would help you thru the whole install. It's worth asking

OP... so you don't know how to install a car stereo? Keep in mind that you're getting these advices from random people on the internet and if something goes wrong/defective then it is really hard for anyone on the net to troubleshoot, that is if they even bother to help when things go sour. Do you know how to set the gain on the amplifier along with the EQ/volume on your headunit? Do you know how to run wires in your car without interference? Do you know how to properly tighten/crimp every connection so they don't come loose overtime? Do you understand voltage drop and what a hot coil smells like? Do you know what to do if you get alternator whine in your audio signal? Does you current car's electrical system in good enough shape to have a stereo without your car acting up?

^^^Those are questions that haven't been asked by anyone here, because they don't really care, they just want to throw their favorite brand to you like a fat kid pointing at a chocolate cake. I want to tell you to just visit a local stereo shop and have them do it all, that way you get warranty and if something goes wrong it's not your problem. However $700 isn't going to get you everything, you'll need at least $1000. Also shops don't warranty anything if you bring in your own equipment to have them install it (just like car repair shops) so if it's defective then you just paid money for nothing and you're now stuck with a broken product that costs money and time to return.
Thanks for the reply..Yeah my initial plan was to take it to my local car audio shop and I was just going to have them do it because I've heard a lot of good things from them. But I figured I'd ask here to see how difficult it is and I CLEARLY got my answer. lol

Thanks for the reply..Yeah my initial plan was to take it to my local car audio shop and I was just going to have them do it because I've heard a lot of good things from them. But I figured I'd ask here to see how difficult it is and I CLEARLY got my answer. lol
dont let these guys scare you a basic install like yours is not that hard and you tube will be your friend,you can find out how to install anything on there all you have to have is some basic Mechanical knowledge,i never been to a shop for a install caues i never could afford it so i was forced to learn how to do it myself and as it turns out the most fun part about this hobby is doing it yourself

dont let these guys scare you a basic install like yours is not that hard and you tube will be your friend,you can find out how to install anything on there all you have to have is some basic Mechanical knowledge,i never been to a shop for a install cause i never could afford it so i was forced to learn how to do it myself and as it turns out the most fun part about this hobby is doing it yourself
Thanks. Yeah I would like to learn how to do it. Working on cars is something I really wish I knew how to do, so this could be my entry point in being a car audio freak/grease monkey. I also have a couple friends who are pretty good with cars, so they can help me through the process if need be.

Thanks. Yeah I would like to learn how to do it. Working on cars is something I really wish I knew how to do, so this could be my entry point in being a car audio freak/grease monkey. I also have a couple friends who are pretty good with cars, so they can help me through the process if need be.
just any problems you run into, take some pictures, put em on an image hosting site and link it here on the forum and you'll have plenty of help. There's always youtube if you dont know how to take off certain parts of your car's interior. Just dont be afraid to play around with your car. Saves a ton of money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

theJIVETURKY
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef
1715565471722.png