You have $700 to buy a 1 head unit, 4 speakers, 1 sub and amp. GO!

I see. I thought maybe that was it. Yeah could you give me some mainstream advice? lol
Mainstream is overpriced and underperforms your not gonna get much quality sound with your 700$ going mainstream. All the other brands are already proven and trusted by competitors which are waaaay more knowlegeable then your average mainstream joe. You could either have a system that blows everything away or buy low tier mainstream equipment that sounds mediocre, thats up to you.

To give you what you want, here's a mainstream as fk setup within your budget.

Amazon.com: Clarion CZ702 Vehicle CD Digital Music Player Receiver: Car Electronics

JBL MS-52C 5-1/4" 2-Way MS Component Car Speakers System (MS52C)

Alpine SPS-619 (SPS619) 6" x 9" 3-Way Type-S Coaxial Car Speakers

Pioneer GM-D8604 4-Channel 600W GM Digital Series Car Amplifier

JL Audio 12WXv2-4 (12WXv24) 12" Single 4 ohm Car Subwoofer - get the sealed box deal for 26 bucks more and your set.

after tax and shipping or whatnot should come out a little bit less then 700$

you'll still need to cover the cost of amplifier wiring kits and install(unless you do it yourself)

power the front jbl 5.25 components with 2 front channels of the amp, power the sub by bridging the remaining 2 channels of the amp finally, have the 6x9s on head unit power.

Heres how the system will sound like.

bass is weak(to my standards but i'm a full blown basshead). It however will suffice if your just looking for nice full sound filling the cabin of your car. Mids and highs will be clear and somewhat detailed, overall pretty decent but your not gonna have much midbass kick in the door speakers unless you sound deaden your doors and fill up the gaps and make a proper treated door like this for example http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/579338-how-do-i-get-bass-out-my-door-speakers-2.html

Awesome man..lots of good info here. Is their a good website I should be looking on? Or just google different brands?
CarStereoGiant - got some nice stuff for a budget here. better amps and subs then the stuff i listed earlier for sure.

SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US, Canada and More!! - mainly competition grade equipment, gonna hurt your wallet looking through this site.

WoofersEtc.com - The Online Car Audio Superstore, the Largest Selection at the Lowest Prices! - got ranges from great stuff to bottom of the barrel stuff. can score some decent SQ speakers here.

Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers - mainstream nuthuggery to the max

Alright so idk if anyone is going to see this but this is what I'm looking at right now:

(Also these are the dimensions that will fit my car)

SUBS

Two 10" Pioneer TS-W260S4 (I already have a box for them)

Pioneer TS-W260S4 (tsw260s4) 10" Single 4-Ohm Champion Series Car Subwoofer

REAR SPEAKERS

Alpine SPS-619

Alpine SPS-619 (SPS619) 6" x 9" 3-Way Type-S Coaxial Car Speakers

FRONT SPEAKERS

JBL MS-52C - (I'm still not sure if I want these)

JBL MS-52C 5-1/4" 2-Way MS Component Car Speakers System (MS52C)

AMP

PIONEER GM-D8604

Pioneer GM-D8604 4-Channel 600W GM Digital Series Car Amplifier

OR

Kenwood KAC-9105D

Kenwood KAC-9105D Monoblock Performance Series1800W Class-D Amplifier

HEAD UNIT - I'm still looking around but here's are a couple I'm looking at.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X397

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X397 In-Dash Single DIN USB/CD Car Stereo Receiver Made for iPhone

OR

Pioneer DEH-X6500BT

Pioneer DEH-X6500BT CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth & Remote

This puts me at right around $600. (Not including wires and installation, etc..)

So I'm curious what it would look like if I were to get a "NON-mainstream" or "competition type" system compared to what I listed above? If you guys could put together a list similar to what I did except competition grade equipment that would AWESOME.

Here's the dimensions I need:

Front speakers - 5.25"

Rear speakers - 6 x 9"

Subs - I'm looking for two 10" subs

Thanks I really appreciate the help.

i would go with something like a ppi 5 channel amp, tantric ld 12, phd or cdt components keep your back speakers and i would def go with an alpine head unit!! thats my personal fav. i run alpine and have tantrics, have had good experience with ppi and they are a good price and phd and cdt for the money u cant go wrong. as far as a box my recommendation prolly will push you over but if your good with wood working just make a custom box. prefabs cost too much for how crappy they really are. good luck with your build though. always fun having some money to play around with in car audio

you'd want to start with a good head unit, not all head units are made the same, cheaper pioneers tend to be a little bit more harsh with the highs, if your going with the cheaper head units, go with alpine Also there's not much room for expandablility with that head unit you chose only 2 sets of 2 volt preouts which is pretty garbage. That kenwood amp is just a subwoofer amp, nothing more. If you really want to power up your speakers AND subwoofers go with the precision power phantom p900.5 five channel amp nothing is gonna beat that in price and performance. Also those JBL speakers are very clear and as close to high end sounding you can get under 200$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

theJIVETURKY
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef
1715565471722.png