You have $700 to buy a 1 head unit, 4 speakers, 1 sub and amp. GO!

In case you are wondering, I own a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and this is my budget to satisfy my musical needs. I've been searching for a couple of weeks now and haven't had anything jump out at me so I've turned the car audio geniuses! So you have $700 bucks to go on a wild shopping spree on some awesome equipment (in title). What would you buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't design a system without knowing what vehicle it was going in because not all vehicles take the same size speakers and not all vehicles have the same amount of space for subs.

That said, I would ditch the notion of rear speakers regardless of vehicle.

It's going in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. My goals are simply nice crisp sound and I also like some solid bass.
I know the car well my daughter has the grand am. 6x8 all around Ok 6.5 components frt doors. You'll need adapters leave rears stock the amp I suggested will be fine as well as the sub and you can add another sub later for more power. From the amp problem is the integration harness is $100 and you still need wires and a box So 2 options. Start with the deck and frt stage first and save for the subs and amp. Or start with the sub stage the the deck and components. Your choice if you go sub stage first 700 will set you up pretty good I actually have a great beginner sub stage for $700 shipped

Grand prix has 5.25 up front and 6x9's in the rear. If you want absolute bang for your buck. Pick up t3 audio 6x9's and 5.25 comps and bravox subs from parts express. Then buy a ppi 5 channel or 2 ppi amps. With wiring you can come under 700. Just my 2 cents. If parts express is out of the t3 comps get the bravox comps. Just what I have done in a grand prix

700 you can have a awesome setup.... especially if you buy used, new i'd go... random pioneer hu 4v 3x preouts, 2x new subs from AQ hdcs, pioneer d class 6x9's, ported prefab, pioneer a series comps, and a decent 5 or 6 ch looking at under 700...

used I'd go, pioneer premier 520's (150) pioneer hu (100) still rock d class 6x9 (80 new) single hdc3 or 4 12 (200) brz 1700(125) or a brz 2400 (200) somewhere round there....

Well, I've been looking at Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, JL Audio, JBL. I'm not super keen on the off brand equipment since I'm pretty new to the car audio world. So I feel safer buying the popular brands.
Actually it's the opposite. The brands we've been talking about are much better and some are competition grade. But if you want mainstream I can that that to

Actually it's the opposite. The brands we've been talking about are much better and some are competition grade. But if you want mainstream I can that that to

I see. I thought maybe that was it. Yeah could you give me some mainstream advice? lol

I see. I thought maybe that was it. Yeah could you give me some mainstream advice? lol
ok, main streams

pioneer

headunits good

speakers premier series only with the exception of premiers

subs championship series only

kenwood

headunits good

amps and subs only use exceleon with the exception for 3013ps which is a decent sub budget and runs like A beast sealed....

jl audio

all good just so over priced and I don't like their components

sony..... NO GO.....

jbl all is fair....

REAL BRANDS THAT KILL ALL THAT SH1T....

AMPS

CRESCENDO, AUDIOQUE/SOUNDQUBED, SUNDOWN, CT SOUNDS, KICKER KX/ZX, DC AUDIO, INCRIMINATOR AUDIO, DIGITAL DESIGNS, CROSSFIRE.... ETC...

SUBS

SSA, AQ/SQ, INCRIMINATOR AUDIO, DC AUDIO, ATOMIC, TANTRIC, OBSIDIAN AUDIO.... ETC...

SPEAKERS....

CRESCENDO, HAT,PHD, CDT, FOCAL, MOREL, ...ETC....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

theJIVETURKY
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef
1714321195129.png