ya know... i dont know if i like a front stage..

It just seems to me that your left tweet need to be attenuated or it could be a phase problem. get a hold of track 3 of an IASCA test disc.
phasing might be an issue, i have the CD i just never messed around with track 3 really (i know what you're talking about) but like is aid, its not how it sounds, it sounds great., but the direction it sounds like its coming from, off axis, on axis, a pillar, kicks, mirror triangles whatever i try.... is far from balanced.

and if a real front stage.. consists of me sitting in front of the left speaker... then.. i dont want a front stage.

i know it sounds stupid, have you tried time alignment?
no offense but that was like the topic on the first page lol

anyway i gotta get some sleep people... hopefully this is still up in the morning...

i think another problem with me is also, i dont listen to rap, i like hearing the cymbals ect... but i think that also draws alot of attention to my tweeters which might be the problem.

phasing might be an issue, i have the CD i just never messed around with track 3 really (i know what you're talking about) but like is aid, its not how it sounds, it sounds great., but the direction it sounds like its coming from, off axis, on axis, a pillar, kicks, mirror triangles whatever i try.... is far from balanced.
and if a real front stage.. consists of me sitting in front of the left speaker... then.. i dont want a front stage.
go out there and fucking use it. Tonality and imaging are two different monsters. Just because you RTA'd your rig doesn't mean it'll image correctly.

no offense but that was like the topic on the first page lol
anyway i gotta get some sleep people... hopefully this is still up in the morning...

i think another problem with me is also, i dont listen to rap, i like hearing the cymbals ect... but i think that also draws alot of attention to my tweeters which might be the problem.
it shouldn't matter wtf you listen to.

i love how james always treats everyone like a piece of ****, trust me its alot more complicated than a couple clicks on the balance knob.

i guess maybe my problem isnt the left speaker because it seems like its coming in front of me, maybe ts the right hten cause it seems like its coming from the side.

yeah i can get my setup to sound like the left speaker is playing ontop of the dashboard, and the same for the right speaker, but it sounds fkn retarded

like i said, its like beig at a show, with the worst seats ever.

you cant get it to sound right because the left tweet is closer to your ears than your right tweet

even with Time Correction, it wont sound right because Time Correction just delays the sound but it doesnt move where the sound is coming from

so when i use Time Correction, i can center the vocals, but the cymbals sound on the left might sound closer to me than on the right because the tweet on the left is a lot closer. Time Correction can help a lot but if you want it to sound right, yould have to put each tweeter/mid the same distance apart from your head.

you cant get it to sound right because the left tweet is closer to your ears than your right tweet
even with Time Correction, it wont sound right because Time Correction just delays the sound but it doesnt move where the sound is coming from

so when i use Time Correction, i can center the vocals, but the cymbals sound on the left might sound closer to me than on the right because the tweet on the left is a lot closer. Time Correction can help a lot but if you want it to sound right, yould have to put each tweeter/mid the same distance apart from your head.

If the sound is in phase in both time and frequency in domain it's in frequency, period! no matter where the speakers come from. Not saying that makes it any easier but just saying it anyway.

Okay, when you guys are talking phase, you need to understand phase shifts behave much differently with higher frequencies than lower. If you guys want to do some math, here's a great article. http://www.moultonlabs.com/more/about_comb_filtering_phase_shift_and_polarity_reversal/

I don't want to do the math right now. But it's a great example of how delaying a speaker by even a hair can create a huge phase shift at high frequencies. With huge phase shift, polarity reversals are useless as well.

Time alignment is just about useless at higher frequencies. When we experience a problem like this, the best thing to do is turn down the offending driver. In the case of tweeters, it's about all you can do unless you can equalize the path lengths, which is very difficult to do in a car.

Running a tweeter off-axis only helps because it decreases the output of you higher frequencies. Less output at high frequencies equals less directionality that pulls your ears to that particular driver.

So frankly it doesn't matter where you put your tweeters. What the OP is saying is that in his current location, the off-axis response has degraded the top end output of the tweeter to a point that it exhibits much less directionality.

What does that mean. The OP prefers less top end to more directionality. That's fine, it's his preference. Not much he can do about it otherwise as those are really his only options with his current setup. I didn't read if he's running passive. If he is, then he's even more screwed.

Mono ambiophonic line arrays across your dash FTW.

booya.jpg

I t/a my tweets and I love what it does. though, I use it in conjunction with amplitude.
Same here. T/a and level control does wonders for me. When I set everything back to normal I wonder how in the world I ever listened to music like that...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.