ya know... i dont know if i like a front stage..

heres a picture from the *right way*

i2vkhc.png

and now heres how i set it up now

5mwa3b.png

look how much more balanced it is...

its not the volume, its the direction its coming from. every speaker i have is RTA'd flat. period.

You definitely need some do have some t/a and level control to get it to sound right. Just focus on a singer's voice, which should be coming from directly in front of you(or maybe a little to the center of the vehicle, whatever your preference is). Without t/a and level control my stage seems out of whack...I don't know how I even lived without it.

yes an automobiles acoustics are the worst to work with in the world. this said, its naturally and not surprisingly that most people run into this same exact problem. honestly, there is no answer someone can give you here. you just have to play with placement, t/a, and tuning to get a good centered stage in your specific vehicle. if anything try covering your dash with carpet or something to change the acoustics of your ride.

but like i said its not only the signals voice that is a problem, its everything, and probaly more so on "non mono signals"

like is aid in a previous post.. if the left instrument plays out only th eleft speaker, it sounds like its coming in front of me.. and the right speaker will sound like its coming from the right of me..

basically it seems like im at a show, with the worst seats ever..

and just so everyone knows, i respect your arugments and points, even if i am wrong in every way.

Do you have some sort of reference? home audio? listened to another SQ car before that stages correctly?
yes on the home audio, sounds fine cause the speakers are placed in the right spot, no i never heard a real *sq* car before.

but like i said many times, i think alot has to do with my car itself, putting the tweeter in the kicks or pillars whatever.. is basically even with my eye ball, i have almost no room ti play with, its RIGHT in front of me.

It just seems to me that your left tweet need to be attenuated or it could be a phase problem. get a hold of track 3 of an IASCA test disc.

to make my previous post more specific, try adding acoustic damping to the dash and center console to avoid any reflections off the dash, windshield or windows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.