XXX 15" problem, please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

ferret7cs
10+ year member

MN
My freind got a 1800 tsunami and a 15" XXX dual 4 ohm. He hooked up the XXX and the amp is ALWAYS in protection. He used to have a 10" Type-R hooked up and it worked fine.

2 Problems made that, i dont think matter, was the RCA's were plugged into the Output for a small period of time, after the type-r and the ground went straight to the battery's (-). Oh also we had the sub wired to 2 ohms, and bridged the amp, but its only 4 ohm stable in bridged, all of those the protection was on, fixed all those and its still on.

We also checked all the wiring and no wiring is crossing or touching. We re-wired the sub to 8-ohms, still protection. I think i led enough info to what happened, butif you need more let me know... PLEASE HELP! we needa get this thing running.

ya it does... we called the company now, and they said we better send it in, so it sounds like they will replace it, if its under warrenty ok...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.