x series vs zv4

jdawg90
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
alberta
Just wondering how these compare on say 1500w each. I know the X series are made to get low, but are the zv4's more spl oriented than the x series generally speaking? I'm kinda under the impression that the X series are a little more SQ oriented.

They're both made to get low. From specs and what I've heard, the Z will hit lows just a little bit better.
are u sure on that? i know the zv4 has 2 more spider then the x so i would assume the suspension on the x is softer but i mean i all ways wondered this question as well.

I heard a set of the ZV4 15s this past saturday and they get stupid low and do kind of decent on the numbers but it seems to me that there big brother little brother woofers x being the little brother haha but they are very similar just one will take care of business better than the other.

i thought the X was rated at 1250w and the Zv4 was 1750w, idk those could have been prototypes? sundown releases alot of information and updates on upcomoing products thru facebook.

X = 1250 RMS

* 4-layer CCAW Round Wire Coil

* 4-layer spider pack

* 190mm x 66mm magnet stack (50mm mech clearance)

* 15mm top plate thickness

* 55-58mm long coil depending on impedance

Z v.4 = 1750 RMS

* 8-layer Aluminum Flat Wire Coil

* 5-layer spider pack

* 220mm x 75mm magnet stack (62.5mm mech clearance)

* 30mm top plate thickness

* 65mm long coil winding

-----

They perform very similarly on the bottom end up to the limits of the X; the Z v.4 has a higher limit.

The Z v.4 also features double shorting rings vs. a single pole cap ring on the X series -- so lower inductance and less inductance induced distortion on the Z v.4 series.

Neither is a slouch -- but the Z v.4 is beefed up across the board //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do you know if there a significant difference in output between the two?
i have an X18 and it loves the low tuning i gave it (30 hz, 8" aero, daily setup). prior to this tuning i had it at 33hz and anything below ~34hz was mostly just air. people say the Zv4 will do better than the X due to more motor force, but the X is very musical and is perfect for me since i'm not a number chaser. i just like good loud music lol.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Jacob,Which would perform better in a sealed enclosure? Or were both the x and the zv4 designed to perform better in low tuned ported enclosures?
ported for sure.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

are u sure on that? i know the zv4 has 2 more spider then the x so i would assume the suspension on the x is softer but i mean i all ways wondered this question as well.
the X suspensioni s quite soft. it flops all over. it's great though.

I would love to do a beefy 30hz ported box. I have my heart set on a zv4-10. My issue is, I'm severely space limited. So, of the two: x vs zv4, which would perform better sealed (if either would).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.