Wtf is with people's used amp prices

I do know nice os equipment.. Im running 90s comps and xovers, and a us acustics usx600f... I love the us acoustics u have... Im showing my opinions.
That 600 is a great amp, and I myself wouldnt sell it just as I wont sell my Autotek Mean Machine 99, unless i was lying on a stretcher needing a heart transplant or something..LOL!!Zed made amps to me, have been the best I have ever owned even to date.Great amps, and quality is second to none straight up.Of course thats my opinion.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

On the flip side, idiots on CACO thought I was a scammer when I listed my Stetsom V1K5 H for half of the going rate. I had a purpose built electrical system that idled at 14.5 volts thus making that amplifier totally useless to me, hence my low price. As a result, I sold it on DIYMA to a CACO member that could actually read.

^^ caco are feggs.. Especially joeyc23. I stated in a guys fs thread tht fi btl ufos go for 300, who would pay 250 for the motor? Got 5 likes, but wound up with a infraction... Bs

I hate to turn this into another RC Challenge thread, but I guess I need to go back and re-read it because I just don't get what you guys are saying about it. I've read it several times and I didn't see anything about how he made the "good" ones sound crappy to trick people. Where is that info coming from? And the simple fact is that no one cashed in on it. Tricks, processing, using amps in a way not intended (which I still don't understand what that means)... it all boils down to nobody could hear a difference. How is it smoke and mirrors? What am I missing? Link me to the "RC Challenge exposed" thread or something.
I've done the challenge myself (as I satated). Critical listening on referrence material and I could NOT hear the difference between amps. Am I a world class SQ judge or expert? No. But that also means that I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that can run whatever the heck I want and be pleased as punch because I couldn't care less what the badge says on my gear.

I swear I'm not being argumentative. Lol. Just sayin.
Basically even as the originator of the challenge has said before.. He is only proving a watt is a watt. Which means a watt that is adjusted to mirror the other watt. Per his rules he adjusts the "watt" with using outside sources(not inside the amp) to have each amp mimic a single signal. Even with the minute differences the human ear can not pick up these differences at all. This part of the challenge is why it can not be beat with out luck of selecting the correct answers.

The creator of the challenge has went on to say that his challenge only works with in the limits of his challenge. Do to how amplifiers are designed/built they all use some some sort of signal adjustment that is "fixed". This will create a different sound per each amp. If you use an outside source to adjust the signal enough again, you won't notice a difference. However, if you simply swap amps out and use the amps capabilities to adjust the signal the best you can there will be a difference.

So yes, a watt is a watt. However, after alteration by internal or external sources a watt is not longer just a watt.

The problem i notice with different price amps. Your audiopipe 1500 is going to pull a lot more current then your sundown audio 1500. YOur also paying more to need less electrical.

So... let me dumb this down a bit. Let's say on a scale from 1 -10 an Audison, Mac, F1, whatever can be tuned (altered) to sound like a 10. A Boss, or Pyle, Jensen, whatever can only be tuned or altered to sound like say... a 5? And in the parameters of his challenge he "de-tuned" the 10's to sound like 5's and tuned the 5's to their capabilities?

Is that what you're saying? Or can you tune the 5's to sound like 10's with good enough processing? Because I believe you can if we are operating within the capabilities of the amps and only using them as "amps" to amplify a procesed signal.

If a 2x100 Boss can only do 2x40 clean and we put it head to head with any other amp on the market to do 40w clean. You're telling me that there will be a difference? An AUDIBLE difference? If so, I need to do a lot more reading and critical listening.

In a since yes and no.

The difference with amplifiers is the onboard processing and of course the quality of parts used. Just because two amps have the ability to produce 2 x 40 with out clipping does not mean they will sound the same. In the real world using what the amp has to offer will generate a different sound each time.(some can hear the difference some can not).

With in the challenge per his rules, the "sound" is adjusted to a point where each amp almost mirrors each other. This is done by using external processing to achieve that "sound". Since the human ear is a horrible device to use for listening, we can not tell the difference. This means the test can not be beat as it is currently setup/structured.

I wish I was at my PC so I could type easier, I would love to go into a deeper talk but my evo blows for posting on forums.

So... let me dumb this down a bit. Let's say on a scale from 1 -10 an Audison, Mac, F1, whatever can be tuned (altered) to sound like a 10. A Boss, or Pyle, Jensen, whatever can only be tuned or altered to sound like say... a 5? And in the parameters of his challenge he "de-tuned" the 10's to sound like 5's and tuned the 5's to their capabilities?
Is that what you're saying? Or can you tune the 5's to sound like 10's with good enough processing? Because I believe you can if we are operating within the capabilities of the amps and only using them as "amps" to amplify a procesed signal.

If a 2x100 Boss can only do 2x40 clean and we put it head to head with any other amp on the market to do 40w clean. You're telling me that there will be a difference? An AUDIBLE difference? If so, I need to do a lot more reading and critical listening.
The challenge wasn't to prove that amplifer A sounds like amplifier B, it was to prove that 40 watts from amplifier A sounds exactly the same as 40 watts from amplifier B when you take all the other variables out of the equation (signal processing, distortion, harmonics, etc.).
Will 2 different amps sound different at the same power level without clipping ? They might ... Not because watts sound different, but because other factors may have an impact on the signal sent to the drivers.

Edit: Does anyone have the original challenge ? I can only find revised versions that have a different thesis statement than I remember from a decade ago.

The challenge wasn't to prove that amplifer A sounds like amplifier B, it was to prove that 40 watts from amplifier A sounds exactly the same as 40 watts from amplifier B when you take all the other variables out of the equation (signal processing, distortion, harmonics, etc.)
Will 2 different amps sound different at the same power level without clipping ? They might ... Not because watts sound different, but because other factors may have an impact on the signal sent to the drivers.
Pretty much.

Now this does bring up the age old question for SQ guys.
If you drop good money on processing, will your amps really matter?
This. Is exactly what I am saying. And what I've been (trying) saying all along. I don't use any filters on any of my amps. Everything is set to "flat" or zero or turned off or whatever. This isn't the case for a lot of people, but it is for me.

Now this does bring up the age old question for SQ guys.
If you drop good money on processing, will your amps really matter?
From a reliability and design standpoint, yes. I don't want an amp that has capacitors leak after a couple of years, a poorly-designed system for connecting cables, a poorly-designed mounting system, etc.

Fvck u fade I said that and you know its true......and I know where you live ill go over there naked
Please do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I pay plenty to play. Lol. I've got more in gear in the garage than both of my cars are worth. Oh, wait... you know where I live. No I don't.

Please do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I pay plenty to play. Lol. I've got more in gear in the garage than both of my cars are worth. Oh, wait... you know where I live. No I don't.
U use that Sony sq amp I sent u ? Tell people about that gangsta $hit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.