wtf is pioneer thinking?

My list:

Alpine > Kenwood > Pioneer > Eclipse

Only reason, and I do mean only, eclipse is so far back is because I can never figure out their menu.

My list:
Alpine > Kenwood > Pioneer > Eclipse

Only reason, and I do mean only, eclipse is so far back is because I can never figure out their menu.
I figured it out in about 2 minutes without the manual. You have an enter button, a return button, up and down and thats it.

Yeah, it's not that hard to figure out. The big knob though really started to piss me off. I love how the 800prs was able to get into all the settings through the remote.

Alpine is in business to make money folks. You have to design what the majority of people want. That's simple features with iphone and ipod controls. There's not enough audiophiles left to support headuntis with a azz of tuning features anymore. Your average person don't know where to start on headunits like that.

Alpine is in business to make money folks. You have to design what the majority of people want. That's simple features with iphone and ipod controls. There's not enough audiophiles left to support headuntis with a azz of tuning features anymore. Your average person don't know where to start on headunits like that.
That wouldnt be a problem so long as Alpine (or the other co.'s) sold the processing as a separate unit.

And I dont mean those crappy automatic Auddesy based EQ's either, since everyone who has used one complains there arent any user settings to adjust the sound once its been automatically adjusted.

Something like a PHX-H701, but less expensive and based on tech that isnt 8 years old.

The new alpine CDA-117 actually has some decent sound adjustments 7band eq graphic and parametric and also has time correction.

Its basically the CDA-9886 with ACTUAL sound adjustments rather than "bass and treble"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.