wtf is pioneer thinking?

The new alpine CDA-117 actually has some decent sound adjustments 7band eq graphic and parametric and also has time correction.
Its basically the CDA-9886 with ACTUAL sound adjustments rather than "bass and treble"
$349.99 without the Imprint system and only 4v preouts. Ill take the Eclipse CD7200 MKii any day.

but all the BS aside.

there were some great units

i personally owned

pioneer 8600

alpine 9833

kenwood kdc-x592

and all 3 are amazing units

but they are dinasaurs.

the USB is a major step for car audio.

giving acess to tonns of music and in theory higher than cd audio quality, no skip, and easy browsing and much more.

the problem is that companies got a really stupid idea that since alot of people have ipods and mp3s they dont care about sound quality and features.

sony took the first dive into the WALLMART crowd. and they are excited. because the MASSES dont give a **** about 31band EQ, they are stupid and easily fall for common advertizing tricks, like 300 WATTS OF POWER TOTAL, 5 PRESET EQ, 3 BAND EQ with built in continuum transfunctioner...

pioneer just took in the sony's strategy and released alot of garbage to the market this year.

and left audiophiles with only one way road, the stage 4 setup. ONLY ONE OPTION!!!! WTF

i cannot justify spending 1200 on a unit that has more features than i need. theres no more middle class. no flexibility.

i spent 1000 dollars on my whole setup piece by piece and made it sound impressive enough so that everyone that rides in my car asks me what did i do to make it sound that good.

alpine and kenwood are somewhat holding onto the old game plan. but they are as well switching to the walmart.

btw the alpine 117 is an identical unit to 9886, it doesnt have full bass engine pro like 8997

it has limited crossover and time allignment. i also dont know what the idea behind that unit was, the improvements are minimal over 9886

but they are dinasaurs.

the USB is a major step for car audio.

giving acess to tonns of music and in theory higher than cd audio quality, no skip, and easy browsing and much more.

the problem is that companies got a really stupid idea that since alot of people have ipods and mp3s they dont care about sound quality and features.

sony took the first dive into the WALLMART crowd. and they are excited. because the MASSES dont give a **** about 31band EQ, they are stupid and easily fall for common advertizing tricks, like 300 WATTS OF POWER TOTAL, 5 PRESET EQ, 3 BAND EQ with built in continuum transfunctioner...

pioneer just took in the sony's strategy and released alot of garbage to the market this year.

and left audiophiles with only one way road, the stage 4 setup. ONLY ONE OPTION!!!! WTF

i cannot justify spending 1200 on a unit that has more features than i need. theres no more middle class. no flexibility.

i spent 1000 dollars on my whole setup piece by piece and made it sound impressive enough so that everyone that rides in my car asks me what did i do to make it sound that good.

alpine and kenwood are somewhat holding onto the old game plan. but they are as well switching to the walmart.

btw the alpine 117 is an identical unit to 9886, it doesnt have full bass engine pro like 8997

it has limited crossover and time allignment. i also dont know what the idea behind that unit was, the improvements are minimal over 9886
MP3 320kbps still isnt CD quality and its the highest quality MP3 you can have.

You have Nakamichi HU's that are pretty amazing with the CD300 and the CD400 models. CD300 starts at about $180 and the CD400 is about $300.

You also have the option of Clarion DXZ785USB which is a cheap active capable HU and Clarion makes some great products. Look at their APX Zeff designed amps.

You have alot more options than Pioneer and better options at that. I see nothing to complain about.

so since theres obviously alot of audiophiles here on this board.

can we do something about it instead of repeatedly *****ing about it for years and years to come.

obviously the wallmart crowd was heard.

they wanted cheap **** that has lots of useless features and they got it.

and we here just complain to eachother and hope that maybe someone from pioneer (alpine,sonykenwoodjvcetc) hears our complaints.

as many of you realize we as a group that knows more about the car audio are not easily fooled and NOT PROFITABLE to companies.

and mostly ignored.

so we can ***** or we can come up with a plan and be heard.

between the pico fuse problem and lack of any audio features(unless you get the very high end units)i have given up on pioneer and made the switch to kenwood

between the pico fuse problem and lack of any audio features(unless you get the very high end units)i have given up on pioneer and made the switch to kenwood
PICO issue is all installer error. Nothing more nothing less.

everyone seems to forget that LACK OF USB SUPPORT IS A MAJOR ISSUE these days.

because i dont carry CDS to my car anymore.

yes i have a great selection of units if i want to turn my car into a SOUND TEST LAB.

but i like to have the 32gb thumb drive plugged in my car

never had that problem with any other unit but pioneer
Thats because its a Pioneer specific issue, but it only happens if the installer ****s up.

Raver USB may be important, then shell out the cash for a HU that has it if its so important and quit whining about the price. For the price of a Clarion DXZ785USB you have an active capable HU with USB for $170 new. Thats hardly anything for a HU that has the amount of features that 785USB has. This is exactly why Pioneers HU's are getting worse. Because people ***** about price and want all these features for dirt cheap. They make a shitty unit with inferior parts so you can have the features you want for the price you want it at, but then whine when it sounds like ****. If you want a good HU with the features you want shell out the cash.

i feelin on this is from what i here eclipes has already pulled out of the us market and are only dealing with the European area how true this is im not sure? as well as i heard the same from alpine that they might do the same and also pull out..... Panasonic is already done with 12v so no more radios........ pioneer and there notorious problem for there pico fuse *****, whether is installer error or not, just a pain in the ass to sell it to a consumer and have them come back like WTF??? as well as there overalll crappy sound from a lot of there newer units

I LOVE my kenwood HU especially the execlone.... also JVC makes some solid radio for the money as well the kdr900 is very nice..... Clarion is stil around and make a few decent units also....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.