wtf is pioneer thinking?

I just purchased a avh-p3200d. I replaced my alpine ida-x100 with it. **** i hate myself. I always wanted a tv in my car, i had never owned a pioneer hu before but my friend had one of their older flipouts, and it is amazing. But of course, i see a decent priced tv, rush into it, and now i hate it. The sq sounds like ****. The volume goes to 40 but once you get to 20 there is no difference in loudness, only the distortion gets worse. I try to **** with the eq which theoredically should help, NOPE. The sound either gets too low, distorted, or my tweeters sound like ****. I cant stand this unit. I wish i had never traded my baby for it. The ida-x100 was one of the best units ive ever owned. The only reason i like the pioneer is because i can watch transformers when im stuck in traffic (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif). Other than that, this thing is ****. Dont buy one.

1238825081722.jpg.thumb.jpg

shell out 1200? why? because we are left with only few options.

look at the features of the earlier alpine models

look at the features on kenwood units from 2-3 years ago

look at the features of 8600 500 dollars and DEH-P880PRS 800 dollars

add a USB to them and there wouldnt be need for anything else

where are those features now?

and btw the clarion is great features except it is a one ugly mafakin unit that looks like it was stolen from a startrek voyager ship... and no rotary volume knob.
This is exactly why the market is producing shitty equipment with only a few popular features.

belive me i have searched alot

and like i said i DONT need a 1200 dollar unit

because i dont have the speakers and amps to match it.

a 600 dollar unit would do just fine

i dont need a quadruple DAC and platinum coated volume knob, motorized faceplade with VTEC so it retracts at 8000 rpm.

and to answer the rest of the questions.

710 doesnt have a 3 way crossover, doesnt have time allignment, doesnt have an eq that goes above 12.5 and below 50hz

pioneer

DEH-P800PRS YES PLEASE!!!!!!! thats exactly what im looking for.

but not with a piggyback usb, its very buggy. read the reviews. alpine made one as well

but i highly doubt that pioneer will release an updated DEH-P800PRS with USB support built in.

because that means that they would have a unit that is very close to the new PRS 99 but for cheaper.

does anyone see what im talking about?

we had a great unit that cost 600 dollars

now we have a BIG gap between wallmart **** ??????????????? and the top of the line 1200 dllar unit

Maybe it's because a lot of newer cars have stereos you can't replace? There's processors out there that are hitting the 600-800 dollar mark that will provide everything you need.

i got my gf the new kenwood 494 and its pretty sick has filters for front back and subs speakers alot of eq adjustments i really liked the newer pioneer i was gonna get the 9800 but i guess ill just keep my 400ub now since its got some decent settings

thats not about what i want. and thats not what this post is about

i did my research and i know for a fact that no one makes the unit i want.

there were few in the past that have the features i want but they are old and dont support USB.

thats not about what i want. and thats not what this post is abouti did my research and i know for a fact that no one makes the unit i want.

there were few in the past that have the features i want but they are old and dont support USB.
Then what do you want in a HU? T/A, active capable, USB?

Sounds to me like your pissed and want a company to make a one of HU just for you.

I don't really think that Pioneer feels like just catering to you. It was just last year or the year before? that they came out with the 800prs. That has everything you need, they know how much people run their ipods so they made sure to make a seperate add-on for it for the extra money. if you want USB you can have it for a little bit extra. The 800prs was going for around $375 online, I thought it was a good deal for such a nice deck. Going 4way active on a HU seems to become a lot more difficult and expensive, Clarion 9255 ($800), Pioneer P99? and the older one with the processor ($1200), Alpine H701/combo ($800), and so on. I hardly think that many people go 4way active as far as people with systems are concerned.

Although I still can't wait for the day that a company comes out with a double din dvd/nav/4way active combo. For now I'll just have to stick with the W205/H701 combo I just picked up.

The Eclipse CD7100 has all of those features as well and also has iPod options and USB built in. If $400-$500 for a brand new HU with iPod controls, USB, memory stick, area shot GPS, time alignment and the ability to run 3 way active is to much for you I suggest you reconsider the audio path your taking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.