WTF is going on with my system? HELP!

Participant count
  • Participant list

geonfreaq
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well guys my stereo is in my sig. Right now I only have my HU, sub amp (1500.1) and sub hooked up. The comps and 600.4 are not installed yet. All 0g wire including the big 3.

Had the system installe about 3-4 weeks now with no issues untill a few days ago. Gains are set on the amp with a scope so I know thats good.

I got in the truck Tuesday after work and started the truck up and had no output from the sub. Got out and walked to the pass. side where the amp is (under the rear seat) to see if the amp was getting power and it was. Did not this time, and has never gone into protect mode. Amp was just warm to the touch. Well I went back to the driver seat and started heading home. After driving about 50' the sub started working again. It would cut in and out the rest of the night randomly. It would stay off for about 10-15 minutes at a time then I would get real low output from it then maybe back to normal about 3-10 seconds. Then back to nothing.

Next day I pulled the HU out and checked all connections. Everything was fine. I couldnt figure it out.

Well that afternoon my mom came up to work to borrow my truck and I told her what was going on with the radio so she wouldnt worry if it started doing the same thing to her.

Well she ended up having the truck a few hours and said the sub was working when she left my shop and worked the whole time she had it. She played it low and also played it loud. Never cut out for her.

It had been fine for the last 2 days up untill tonight. The same thing started happening again.

So far I have checked my charging system and there are no issues there. Also check ALL connections and everything is tight. Ohm'ed the sub and it is spot on at 2.1 at each coil. Even pulled the amp out and opened her up and see no problems inside.

Any ideas guys? Im thinking the SW out on the radio may be taking a **** but thought I would ask incase I was over looking something.

I've had RCA's **** out brand new from accidentally pinching them or working them too hard running them, and even drilling through them if they're under the carpet. That's what it sounds like to me too. A loose connection somewhere and if it's not your speaker wire, it's probably RCA"s or as you say possibly internally on the HU, I'd swap out the RCA to test.

Welp, guess I know what Im doing tomorrow.

To be honest I did a good job of running all the wires and making sure not to pinch anything but I know **** happens. This isnt my first install so I have learned alot from the previous ones.

I planned on re running all the wires once my comps arrived and I deadened the floors. I was going to pull the carpet and seats and tape/zip all wires into place to make sure none move or are anywhere near any problem areas.

Like I said Ill try and re run em tomorrow but keep the ideas coming so I can try anything you guys can think of.

Why don't you take the sub out and check the wiring inside the box. Check all of the speaker wire connections.

Something could be lose causing it to cut in and out.

Why don't you take the sub out and check the wiring inside the box. Check all of the speaker wire connections.
Something could be lose causing it to cut in and out.
Already did. Thats when I checked he VC's ont he sub also. Nothing in the entire system is lose.

check the rca's, switch out your amp....and thats about all i can think of if you already checked the wiring inside the box. besides that id say its the amp...if its on but no output then id have to say theres your problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.