Would you run CAB 1600.1?

DD's pricing is dealer dependent. I've always got my stuff for about 1/2 MSRP. But since my dealer closed shop the new one in town wants msrp. So I won't be buying anymore DD until I find a better dealer.
Then it'll never sell at that point. Once a shop closes, typically things get marked down in pricing. He's being a lil greedy, in hopes to make top $$.

What kind of efficiency does a DD have?Is DD better than Sundown DC etc...?

Do amps have diminishing efficiency the lower the load goes?

I am also curious about box rise and amps potential ability to compensate?

Not sure how an amp could do that
I'm not sure how it work but something in the circuitry help with resistance. Not sure how it works really but I've been trying to find out.

I dont think i would buy anything that small anymore. $600 will buy a taramps 8k used any day that can supply a solid 5k clamped all while running very efficiently. You might not need that much power now but its better to have headroom than clip and still have room to upgrade without need to buy a new amp.

Efficiency does drop when you are running a lower impedance. This is due to the added heat from added current.

Then it'll never sell at that point. Once a shop closes, typically things get marked down in pricing. He's being a lil greedy, in hopes to make top $$.
He sells. He's just new to brink and mortar only brands. Memphis is his big seller. It's one of those shops that don't even do fab work more then building simple boxes

DD and sundown are proprietary boards. DC is cookie cutter.

Yep, will do alittle write up after the money is returned into my account. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/face2face.gif.c4346df91ccb89a430ef126c23624157.gif
Oh? This is something I haven't heard.....been keeping it a secret. So what happened? Thought they were good amps...?

Efficiency does drop when you are running a lower impedance. This is due to the added heat from added current.
Thats what I thought till I watched dyno videos and wrote down numbers and did the math.

Example the Pioneer 1200 watter Big D reviewed. It did 71% at 1 ohm and 67% at 2 ohms. Im confused now.

Unless the dynos arent accurate.

I dont think i would buy anything that small anymore. $600 will buy a taramps 8k used any day that can supply a solid 5k clamped all while running very efficiently. You might not need that much power now but its better to have headroom than clip and still have room to upgrade without need to buy a new amp.
HD8000 is under $600 NEW.

Thats what I thought till I watched dyno videos and wrote down numbers and did the math.Example the Pioneer 1200 watter Big D reviewed. It did 71% at 1 ohm and 67% at 2 ohms. Im confused now.

Interesting. I can't explain that

Yep, will do alittle write up after the money is returned into my account. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/face2face.gif.c4346df91ccb89a430ef126c23624157.gif
Popped your 15k's?

Thats what I thought till I watched dyno videos and wrote down numbers and did the math.Example the Pioneer 1200 watter Big D reviewed. It did 71% at 1 ohm and 67% at 2 ohms. Im confused now.

That is interesting. May wanna contact/email BigDWiz on that scenario and say het wtf?! lol

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Interesting. I can't explain that

Popped your 15k's?
Wondering the same. Haven't seen anything from Nate....or his Tahoe recently.

That is interesting. May wanna contact/email BigDWiz on that scenario and say het wtf?! lol 

Wondering the same. Haven't seen anything from Nate....or his Tahoe recently.
I doubt he made any mistakes, but maybe the D'Amore SMD dyno isnt accurate lol.

I would like to see repeated Dynos to see if same results every time.

Maybe its like AncestryDNA, you send in identical samples with different names and get different results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.