Would this work?

Participant count
  • Participants list
these were two alpine type s 10's. probably an extended cab full size truck.

Attachments

• bob bob 2 alpine type s 10's ported underseat xray1.png
    bob bob 2 alpine type s 10's ported underseat xray1.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 83
  • bob bob 2 alpine type s 10's ported underseat xray2.png
    bob bob 2 alpine type s 10's ported underseat xray2.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 79
4 sa-8's under seat. full size truck again.

Attachments

• jon travis 4 sa-8's under seat xray.png
    jon travis 4 sa-8's under seat xray.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 85
  • jon travis 4 sa-8's under seat no top.png
    jon travis 4 sa-8's under seat no top.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 81
Oh the 4 8s setup is perfect, and would allow me to make this into 2 boxes instead of 1. That isn't a requirement, but if I can do it feasibly it would be best for easier box removal when I want to fold the seat down. Appreciate that.

4 sa-8's under seat. full size truck again.

I did quite a few of these sa-8 underseat boxes. The biggest problem you run into is the port.

1. Small woofers usually need more port area then their larger counterparts per cube. sa-8's need 18-20 in^2 per cube sometimes, if not, you'll get port noise. Where an sa-12, you can do 12 in^2 per cube all day long.

2. Obviously the axel/tranny hump makes the port config severely more difficult.

Oh the 4 8s setup is perfect, and would allow me to make this into 2 boxes instead of 1. That isn't a requirement, but if I can do it feasibly it would be best for easier box removal when I want to fold the seat down. Appreciate that.

Have fun caculating your actual airspace. I suggest you use an excel spreadsheet.

Alright, so using my physical measurements, accounting for 3/4 inch plywood to get internal volume, but NOT account for sub displacement, port size, or bracing, her calculations for internal volume of a single large box comes out to 1.9870515046 cubic feet.

you really need to keep a close eye on the port speed as well. little woofers have higher port speeds than you would think sometimes.
Thats why I'm here, I'm new to this. I'm willing to put in the legwork with the hopes you guys can help out with guidance along the way.

Hey so I did some calcs on doing 2x boxes instead of 1, and then calculated port size from an online site. How accurate do you think this is?

Never know with these online sites. But it says my box volumes will be roughly .8 cubes, and 1.88x3.76 port at 19.5 inches in length, which is almost the entire box length. Thats to pull 35 hz tuning. Thoughts?

I may be returning to designing. i'm setting all my stuff up if you're interested. not ready quite yet but it'll be soon

Thats definitely possible depending on cost and how long until you start. Ordered the subs tonight, was going to go with the HippoXLs, but I missed the sale. I caught some 6.5s on sale over at fuaudio.com and ordered 2. Apparently they build them after you order, so not sure when they'll be here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
LsGuy
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from