Would this work?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Looks like all are in that 70~120 range, so thats definitely doable. The hippo lists .9 cuft each, for a sealed box. How would we get 4 in a 1.1 cuft ported box?

I'm guessing that is an error. Should be .3-.4 ported.

I know the Sundown SA 6.5s call for .3 each ported.

Last edited:
Understood. Is anybody here good with volume calculations? I did some actual measuring and drew a doodle, but not sure how to calculate it. Maybe you can understand my super awesome paint drawing...

Attachments

• 20201125_211404.jpg
    20201125_211404.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 81
Also, if somebody wants to help me figure this out, those would be outer dimensions. I also forgot to include the top of the center hump to seat bottom is 6 inches.

You definitely don’t want to put that hippo in .9 sealed. That is way too big. Sloppy bass city. I would port those at .25 cubes each, and as low as you can tune it to with your space. 30 hz preferably.

Alright as big as possible, 4x 6.5s, Once volume is calculated if I understand correctly we can calculate the port size. What port type would be ideal for this project?

Also, I'm planning to build out of 3/4 inch birch ply, unless somebody has a better idea.

Appreciate all the help so far.

Aero ports take up less internal volume.

How do yo
Aero ports take up less internal volume.

How do you figure out aeroport length and diameter? Just curious. Is it just a sq. footage thing? Was PVC tubing the original aeroport? I had PVC ports on my Rockford Pro 12's in 89'. 3" round ports in separate chambers on two 12" Rockford pro series 12's, dual 8 ohm.

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks. I'll do more homework on my end prior to reporting back.

So I'm trying to build a component list for this build. I may run poplar plywood because it seems that its lighter.

Considering building this as 2 boxes that fit together as one for easier removal (I do fold rear seats flat when I use my jeep for hauling, so easier removal, amp disconnect plugs etc will be valuable considerations for this build)

Amps. Struggling here. If you guys were to build this setup, how would you do the amp(s)? A single amp that pushes 1200 watts RMS single channel? (Basing these RMS calcs from the 6.5 subs listed from Popwarhomie). 2 dual channel amps with 300w per channel? A single 4 channel amp with 300 watts per channel? 2 600 watt mono amps? Bridged or non bridged?

Also, how have experiences been with the off brand cheap amps? Rockville, boss, planet audio, Pyle, crunch, pyramid, hifonics, audiopipe, lanzar, sound storm, precision power? I know the majority of these probably come from the same Chinese manufacturing plant, but are any of them decent?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
LsGuy
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from