Would this design optimize performance in a truck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
I made a few designs for a guys Titan and I was wondering what you all think about the port location.

ThomasBlairTitanComplete_zpsdb058c09.jpg

Hmm that looks good right there man.I think that would be fine, or on the sides,as long as nothing is obstructing the path.Looks good though

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Beats the hell out of down firing sealed in my opinion

Lol yeah, guys that want to throw subs under a back seat are already at such a large disadvantage. I want to sidefire but the ports end up firing either directly into seat brackets, or 1" from the door panel, which doesn't seem good for loading. The enclosure is designed for 2 DC LVL 3 12s at 30hz.

This design seems most optimal for a truck, I can tell you I give you a pat on the back for designing this box! I used to drive a 1999 single cab for ranger and had a 2.5ft^3 box with an alpine type r 12" in it behind the seat! This box should slam... Considering my port on that box was facing up and sub was inverted in between the seats. Your ports and subwoofers will load better.

This design seems most optimal for a truck, I can tell you I give you a pat on the back for designing this box! I used to drive a 1999 single cab for ranger and had a 2.5ft^3 box with an alpine type r 12" in it behind the seat! This box should slam... Considering my port on that box was facing up and sub was inverted in between the seats. Your ports and subwoofers will load better.
So you randomly come back? I checked your page the other day and you had been off since August! Text me your number I need a little help with my new build

Thanks, I personally drive a 93 ranger single cab with basically no room behind the seats. I managed to build a 1.5ft^3 enclosure for my SPLaudio Type X 10 and it is inverted between the seats as well. I wanted to upfire the port but didn't have enough room due to a shallow enclosure depth so I side fired it into the passenger wall. It still gets very loud for a 1000w rms 10" but I wonder how much of an improvement I would see with an upfiring configuration.

hmm, mine is a wedge as well in the ranger. the more deep bottom end is where my 3" aero is laying. I don't have enough room to invert a 12 either so a 10 is the best I can do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.