Would this be a good setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wtf....thread/question makes no sense. That amp is junk btw.

Get a better amp.....and subs if you can. So what if you got the amp installed already. Just means you gotta install the new amp if you get another.

Seeing that you have a lot of knowledge in the car audio field. How would I go about wiring my monoblock amp to two infinity sub woofers? Whenever I wire one sub to the other and one terminal goes to the amp it doesn't produce much bass. It just sits there and moves the subs back and forth a lot faster than only having one connected.

Single voice coil and it is the Boss Riot R1100. It is 850 watts RMS, which I know is very over rated and boss amps are that good. But I would expect at least some bass to be produced.

I have tried wiring them like this
2SVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg
and this
2-SVC-2-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg
but I get the same result from each.

I should have checked that while I had them pulled out of the enclosure earlier. I do not know if they are 2 or 4. But lets say they were 2 ohm, how would I run it? and same with 4 ohm. How would I run it. Just so tomorrow ill pull it out and check and wire it how you have told me depending on the ohms. Thanks again.

I would go with diagram 1....I doubt that the Boss amp is 1 ohm stable, and likely to damage it pretty quick. Safe to stay with diagram 1.

That's a 250 watt amp...it's not gonna blow the doors off but should make a little thump. It's nowhere near 1100 the claimed amount is. Disregard that number.

I would go with diagram 1....I doubt that the Boss amp is 1 ohm stable, and likely to damage it pretty quick. Safe to stay with diagram 1.
Diagram 1 is putting both speakers in parallel.

That's a 250 watt amp...it's not gonna blow the doors off but should make a little thump. It's nowhere near 1100 the claimed amount is. Disregard that number.
I guess my 500W amp may kick a little! It sure seems to! :)

John Kuthe...

Hi! I got it figured out and it does hit hard now! Thanks for the help! I got it figured out, it was my brothers fault. He had one of the subs wired to the terminal backwards so I was hooking the negative to the positive and the positive to the negative. I'm glad you said it was a wiring issue or I would not have checked that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.