Would this be a good setup?

Well, I ended up buying them, and I think they sound pretty good, I'm using a cheap SSL 100 watt rms amp, and they really hit, I'm going to get a different amp though.

Well, I ended up buying them, and I think they sound pretty good, I'm using a cheap SSL 100 watt rms amp, and they really hit, I'm going to get a different amp though.
So, everyone tells you not to get them and you get them anyway...

Would a Sony Xplod 1000 watt amp work good for these subs?
Sony Xplod amps are just as crappy as those subs.

Do some research before you spend your money, man. You stated you were only 16, with not a lot of money. To me, that would cause me to be sure I'm getting the best for my money, not some junk for cheap. With cheap gear, you get what you pay for. It sounds like crap, it won't last, and you'll likely start having problems with it way before you're ready to upgrade.

Trust me on this, I know. I built my first system at age 16, working part time at a steakhouse making maybe $200 a week. Most times $150 or less. I bought cheap gear right off and it blew up and I had to ride around with nothing because, instead of saving that cash for better stuff, I bought cheap stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.