Would this be a good setup?

tjmortenson
10+ year member

Would this be a good sub setup if I get the right amp? They are pyramid super blue 12 inch subs, 300 watts RMS each in a bandpass box, would they sound good? What would be a good amp? The guy wants $65, is it a good deal? I know they won't sound amazing cause they're cheap off brand subs, I just want more bass in my jeep.

Thanks

I've never used/heard them. But pyramid's reputation is about as good as Helen Keller's for playing basketball. I'd assume you'd get "more bass" but it would sound similar to a farting sound.

Would this be a good sub setup if I get the right amp? They are pyramid super blue 12 inch subs, 300 watts RMS each in a bandpass box, would they sound good? What would be a good amp? The guy wants $65, is it a good deal? I know they won't sound amazing cause they're cheap off brand subs, I just want more bass in my jeep.Thanks
Waste of money. The terrible sound quality is not worth it

OK, now I'm using an $20 pyramid 8 inch sub and its definitely not amazing by any means, but it actually sounds decent, but again, its not even close to mtx or alpine subs, I'll probably end up getting it and using g it for now, until I can afford something better. What is a cheap 600w RMS amp?

OK, now I'm using an $20 pyramid 8 inch sub and its definitely not amazing by any means, but it actually sounds decent, but again, its not even close to mtx or alpine subs, I'll probably end up getting it and using g it for now, until I can afford something better. What is a cheap 600w RMS amp?
Stick around here a bit more please.

Trust me when i tell you that i understand where you are coming from, my first system was a set of pyle dryvers on a majestic amp. You can do a lot better than what you have, no i won't suggest subs that cost 5-600 bucks. Hang out in the classies, or there are guys on here that builds subs at decent prices. A good set of 8's can work wonders in proper box. Audiopipe apsm 1300 will do lose to 600watts. Just know your budget and what sounds good to YOU. No matter who's logo is on the equipment. But be warned, this stuff is crazy addictive, and even the guys that have thousands tied up in their systems, are wondering how to make it sound better.

Trust me when i tell you that i understand where you are coming from, my first system was a set of pyle dryvers on a majestic amp. You can do a lot better than what you have, no i won't suggest subs that cost 5-600 bucks. Hang out in the classies, or there are guys on here that builds subs at decent prices. A good set of 8's can work wonders in proper box. Audiopipe apsm 1300 will do lose to 600watts. Just know your budget and what sounds good to YOU. No matter who's logo is on the equipment. But be warned, this stuff is crazy addictive, and even the guys that have thousands tied up in their systems, are wondering how to make it sound better.
They have subs less than $5?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.