Would anyone in the CHI come to a meet?

Im definetly down.. im not a well known CA member, but Im tryin to get there, and would be extremely happy to meet with some people, and get insight on installs, car audio, and see what other people have to offer..

Lets get **** rollin.. I will help any way I can.. just let me know..

Andrew
Cool, all we need is that all important venue. Maybe me and a few others like tommyk90 should get together and go out looking for locations. Once we get that down, then everything else should fall into place. But we will be sure to let people know ahead of time.

I think if we can find a big parking lot somewhere out in the sticks or something similar, that would be our best bet.

A place not too far for everyone, and a place where we won't bother others or need permission. But that's hard to come by these days. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

One possibility would be to look at forest preserves. There are lots of those around this area and for the most part they are far away from any type of residential area.

If i get my stuff put in correctly i might show up. Any of you chicago guys know a good place? I was thinking of going to sound design on 16th and Harlem because they said they run new speaker wire to all of the speakers. I have all of my stuff and they quoted me at 65 per hour. Anybody better than that that any of you know?

What about Soldier Field on a Friday or Saturday? It would be easy to get to for out of towners and is not far from anything. It's a thought. I have no idea about booking and availability.

If i get my stuff put in correctly i might show up. Any of you chicago guys know a good place? I was thinking of going to sound design on 16th and Harlem because they said they run new speaker wire to all of the speakers. I have all of my stuff and they quoted me at 65 per hour. Anybody better than that that any of you know?
Il Style Audio...its in the NW suburbs, but he does good work.. good guy.

That's a lot for labor. I wouldn't go there.

What about Soldier Field on a Friday or Saturday? It would be easy to get to for out of towners and is not far from anything. It's a thought. I have no idea about booking and availability.
I'm sure there would be sound ordinances and we would at least have to have permission and there would probably be some sort of fee. So not a great idea. Plus all of us in a very public area is us begging to get robbed by some passerbys with an ear.

I'm sure there would be sound ordinances and we would at least have to have permission and there would probably be some sort of fee. So not a great idea. Plus all of us in a very public area is us begging to get robbed by some passerbys with an ear.
ha robbed with a bunch of ca members there i doubt it

x2

I'm looking for a free place if possible. If I have to get a sound ordinance permit I wouldn't mind doing that, but I don't want to have a lot of costs.

Plus I want to have this in good area. I know of a few forest preserve areas that have good size parking lots and people have held parties there before.

Plus its in a good area. Soldier field isn't exactly in a great area.

I was not sure how big you want it to be. I mean is it a bunch of guys hanging out showing their stuff off or is it like the World of Wheels or Auto Show.

There's this racetrack i believe in cicero. Chicagoland Speedway. If they can race loud ass cars there they can hold an event like this there. And I'm sure they can get some local shops to sell/install products as well. I'm not big into the car audio scene as i would want to be, but do we have events like this here? This would be something a lot of my friends would love to go to. Charge a door fee, have a few workshops set up, of course plenty of demos, and some contests. It could work, but if you are concerned about security, downtown would be better. Cicero is in the middle of nowhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.