Would anyone in the CHI come to a meet?

tommy, do you think that maybe mike or john at maxxsonics would be able to let us use their parking lot???? they had a pretty good sized 3x last summer there.

just a thought.

use the help the "locals" get interested in a big company like maxxsonics........... i would bet that if you got iggy online with it he could push them over the top for it...

I was not sure how big you want it to be. I mean is it a bunch of guys hanging out showing their stuff off or is it like the World of Wheels or Auto Show.
There's this racetrack i believe in cicero. Chicagoland Speedway. If they can race loud ass cars there they can hold an event like this there. And I'm sure they can get some local shops to sell/install products as well. I'm not big into the car audio scene as i would want to be, but do we have events like this here? This would be something a lot of my friends would love to go to. Charge a door fee, have a few workshops set up, of course plenty of demos, and some contests. It could work, but if you are concerned about security, downtown would be better. Cicero is in the middle of nowhere.
Once again, that's something that would have TONS of costs and planning involved.

We are trying to arrange a little get together, not some huge show.

tommy, do you think that maybe mike or john at maxxsonics would be able to let us use their parking lot???? they had a pretty good sized 3x last summer there.just a thought.

use the help the "locals" get interested in a big company like maxxsonics........... i would bet that if you got iggy online with it he could push them over the top for it...
I have talked to them about it before, the only problem is that last time the show cost them a lot of money because of noise complaints and whatnot.

I can talk to mike and see what he says, but I highly doubt it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'd be down. I don't have much to show., but it'd be fun.
And if everyone is willing to come to the burbs, there is Busse Woods in Schaumburg

Huge forest preserve.

possibly
Thats the one I was trying to think of before.

We have arranged team meets and get-togethers there before. A few years ago they had a big "sound off salute" to a dB dragger that was killed in a car accident. Everyone blasted their setups for a few minutes.

I'll have to look into that.

Cicero is a bad bad place, I believe.

I am possibly down depending on money. My system ***** ass atm... And I am so broke that I can only drive to school and back. But it sounds fun, and wanted to meet the big wigs for quite some time now.

i didnt know that they had that many problems there.
i know there is a group in the peoria area that is currently talking about having a local show/meet too i dont know how close that is but it doesnt look too bad on a map

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257418
Peoria is about 2 1/2 hours for us near chicago/northwest indiana.

Bit of a drive for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i got an idea

if you find a place that has power outlets ill let people cut 16 12" holes for some dds lol im a lazy bastard

Hey tony where in NWI are you, i'm in munster and have met up with tommy b4 he actually built a box for my XXX back in the day... let me know and i'll def. come out.
I live in Hammond and I work at the CC in Schererville.

tommy, do you think that maybe mike or john at maxxsonics would be able to let us use their parking lot???? they had a pretty good sized 3x last summer there.just a thought.

That would be cool, but we're trying to keep costs down.

I'd be down. I don't have much to show., but it'd be fun.
And if everyone is willing to come to the burbs, there is Busse Woods in Schaumburg

Huge forest preserve.

possibly
Can you get pics of said preserve? Sounds Interesting. Schaumberg isn't too bad of a drive. Or Tommy, you know where it's at exactly? If you want, we could drive up one day and check it out.

i'd definitely be down, we could do it at a forest preserve, but i dont think the people around there would like systems blasting.

uh we could do a hooters or buffalo wild wings meet, i am sure we can jam in the huge parking lots. just a though.

Cicero is the hood...

Des Plaines has a few forest preserves with big lots. On Euclid (Lake Ave) and River Rd. there are a few lots. I'm not sure about permits, but i'm sure something can be put together there. and it's a nice area.

Cicero is the hood...
Des Plaines has a few forest preserves with big lots. On Euclid (Lake Ave) and River Rd. there are a few lots. I'm not sure about permits, but i'm sure something can be put together there. and it's a nice area.
That sounds cool also. I'd feel better at a forest preserve than a Hooters. But indeed Cicero is Hood. You still got anything in the car Pat?

Cicero is the hood...
**** cicero lol, we will get ticketed, cars impounded, then jacked. there is always lagrange preserves, or busse woods. i think a hooters meet and hang out in the parking lot will be great.

i'd definitely be down, we could do it at a forest preserve, but i dont think the people around there would like systems blasting.
uh we could do a hooters or buffalo wild wings meet, i am sure we can jam in the huge parking lots. just a though.
Cicero is the hood...
Schaumburg where busse woods is is definitely a nicer area than cicero.

Busse woods is a HUUUUUUUGE place from what I can see in the pics. LOTS of parking lots that are way in the middle of the woods.

Here's a pic of if from google maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=busse+woods&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.818029,96.328125&ie=UTF8&ll=42.032911,-88.005466&spn=0.038442,0.09407&z=14&om=1

Definitely looks like a place we can meet up at. Just hit up one of the parking lots.

I'm diggin this lot right here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=busse+woods&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.818029,96.328125&ie=UTF8&ll=42.044377,-87.994899&spn=0.004804,0.011759&t=k&z=17&om=1

Right next to the highway, and far far away from all the other lots. Looks like it has a pavillion too. Maybe a cookout? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.