Would a stock battery run this setup

It seals off back trunk not allowing bass to enter back there and all the bass goes into the cabin for you to hear. Those subs are American Bass XFL 15s. You'll need an amp like a soundqubed 2200.1D or a soundqubed 3500.1 D to drive them. Look those up, Sh*T gets expensive when you wanna do sh*t right.
Thank you very much for all this info, I've been reaserching the American Bass XFL 15 and man that thing looks like it performs awesome. I'm definitely going to sell what I have and just start over, just one of those will hold me over for now until I can learn more about all of this. But man that sub is $700!! Would there be any cheaper route I could take to just have 1 Amercian Bass XFL 15? I'm not looking to get into competitions man until later on "maybe". But that is so much $ for just an amp!

Thank you very much for all this info, I've been reaserching the American Bass XFL 15 and man that thing looks like it performs awesome. I'm definitely going to sell what I have and just start over, just one of those will hold me over for now until I can learn more about all of this. But man that sub is $700!! Would there be any cheaper route I could take to just have 1 Amercian Bass XFL 15? I'm not looking to get into competitions man until later on "maybe". But that is so much $ for just an amp!
I dont know where you are getting your prices from but its only 190-220 for the xfl 15 man American Bass XFL15| High Performance Car stereo 15" subwoofer

this is what a 700 dollar woofer looks like Sundown Audio Nightshade v.3 15" 2500w RMS Subwoofer - SSA STORE

thats why i said stick to lower powered subs. You can still do some work with cheaper subs. If you are confident in your trunk, measure the dimensions LxWxH make sure you have room for putting the sub in the opening of your trunk. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec Input the dimensions in the square enclosure section. for thickness use 0.75 that is the thickness of 3/4 mdf.

If you have 7.5-10 cubic feet then we can think about doing a http://www.carstereogiant.com/American-Bass-XFL1822-p/xfl1822.htm or a http://www.directsoundsolutions.com/ethos-15-subwoofer-1800-watts/

If you only have 5-7.5 cubic feet then you are limited to a single 15 or maybe a pair of 12s max buddy.

I dont know where you are getting your prices from but its only 190-220 for the xfl 15 man American Bass XFL15| High Performance Car stereo 15" subwoofer
this is what a 700 dollar woofer looks like Sundown Audio Nightshade v.3 15" 2500w RMS Subwoofer - SSA STORE
HA I got mixed up!! I meant to say the amp is $700, would this amp work with those subs well or am I just an idiot that has no idea what to look for? Because it's no where near $700, and I'm not ready to dish out that much on an amp. Power Acoustik GT1-6000D Monoblock 6000W Gothic Series Amplifier

HA I got mixed up!! I meant to say the amp is $700, would this amp work with those subs well or am I just an idiot that has no idea what to look for? Because it's no where near $700, and I'm not ready to dish out that much on an amp. Power Acoustik GT1-6000D Monoblock 6000W Gothic Series Amplifier
power acoustik, boss, pyle, legacy, soundstorm labs, crunch, autotek, are all garbage tier amps. 6000 watts claim and you put them on a test, they make around 400-600 actual watts IF AND ONLY IF its their best day ever.

I'd recommend getting an amp used if you want a good deal. Look for a precision power bk 1800.1 or a precision power ba 7000.1, both are good for 1800-2000 watts.

reread my previous post, i added some stuff in there you should do.

Jeffdachef is definatley leading you in the right direction but honestly if your not ready to put more money in your trunk than what yours cars worth dont go over 1k rms use your space adequatley and appropriate and but used from here and youll save money and time. And im sure youll be more than happy with your setup. But honestly once your up in the 2k rms ramge it easily becomes a $3k project or more. But your going in the right direction which is good but this is just a heads up

I would check out this deal from sohndqubed. If you do the big 3 and make a box you should be on the right track. I was looking for a sub amp combo and was going to go this route but I wanted a 10 and they are out of them so I got one of their HDC3 instead with about 2000 watts and things are getting expensive upgrading electrical. Learn how to properly build a box and tune an amp and the HDS bundle and you'll be making lots of noise on a budget.

I would suggest something along the lines of an Sundown SA15 (SSA GCon, etc.) or something that is very, very similar. 600-800 watts RMS, very musical, cheaper, and are an all around great sub. I know Sundown's can handle smaller boxes which is why I recommended it. I know people are going to hate on me for this one, but throw it on a Rockford Prime series amplifier and you'll be very happy.

AMP ($200): Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate Prime 750 Watt Class D 1 channel Amplifier : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car Electronics

SUB ($230): Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer

Then get some good OFC/CCA (CCA is more than fine in this application, wanted to clarify before the hate begins) from Sky High or Knu Konceptz.

Hit some people up on here for a custom box. Many people can get them built and shipped to you for pretty cheap.

This should be around $650 or less for everything. Then start with a Big 3 upgrade then slowly upgrade the rest of the electrical from there.

I would suggest something along the lines of an Sundown SA15 (SSA GCon, etc.) or something that is very, very similar. 600-800 watts RMS, very musical, cheaper, and are an all around great sub. I know Sundown's can handle smaller boxes which is why I recommended it. I know people are going to hate on me for this one, but throw it on a Rockford Prime series amplifier and you'll be very happy.
AMP ($200): Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate Prime 750 Watt Class D 1 channel Amplifier : Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifiers : Car Electronics

SUB ($230): Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer

Then get some good OFC/CCA (CCA is more than fine in this application, wanted to clarify before the hate begins) from Sky High or Knu Konceptz.

Hit some people up on here for a custom box. Many people can get them built and shipped to you for pretty cheap.

This should be around $650 or less for everything. Then start with a Big 3 upgrade then slowly upgrade the rest of the electrical from there.
his actual budget was 350 total not 700 lol.

his actual budget was 350 total not 700 lol.
I've realized I'm not going to get the quality I want at that price man.. So I think I'm going to change my budget to $500 + however much $ I can get for selling my current sub and amp, I'm hoping to get at least $150. So that's about a $650 budget, but I have my mind set on the American Bass 15s dude those things look wicked so I'm just looking for something that accompanies them nicely! Thanks a lot for all this info, you and everyone else. You all are awesome!

Everybodys suggestions here are good, but since you are limited on space. It causes issues for what your goal is.

Yes you can get one 15 or 2 12s if they fit because the bigger you go the bigger the box needs to be "most of the time".

I have done builds where we got 8 very cheap subs (25$ a peice) which were all 8' Dual 4 subs made by quantum audio (aka db drive) and ran them to 2 ct sounds at1400.1d amps. (Quality amps and good boxes make subs shine)

They were both run @ 2 ohm each amp.

It was loud enough to feel the bass 4-5 feet from the car and vibrated side mirrors of cars 8-10 feet away.

All this was in a lincoln towncar, the point is research it good instead of doing exactly what people say to do. Every car is different and will sound different. Subs are all different also.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.